Nike Pro Bowl Uniforms Unveiled

ESTONES6

Nike has officially unveiled the new uniforms for the Pro Bowl... The Red, white and blue are gone in favor of gray, lime green and highlighter orange.

d1008pb.jpg

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nike-unveils-pro-bowl-uniforms-140802629--nfl.html

(Yes, I know this is being discussed in the NFL thread, but something this drastic usually warrants a separate thread.)

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they were going to overhaul the colors, I would have rather seen something like gold/copper and silver become the primary colors, in place of red and blue. Based on the fact that gray and copper seemingly are creepying into every colleges uniform, regarudless if they are a part of the color pallet or not.

It defintely would have been a Nike-fied version of the uniforms. They still could have used red and blue but made it subtle and as the accent color. I will be interested to see how they market these... all the nuances that will be associated with these like "25% lighter, non-color changing sweat zones, fly wire around sleeves and shirts, etc."

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

How is this not Civil War?

Slap some Duck and Beaver logos in there and you've got Oregon-Oregon State. Nike has completely lost it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It's just the Pro Bowl. I feel like if this is where Nike is going to go crazy, let them. It's a meaningless game that is just for fun. Let them have crazy uniforms. It'll be an interesting thing year from year to see what Nike will come up with. They have no reason to be red/blue because it's not NFC vs AFC anymore.

I like that they're experimenting with different color sock bottoms.

The standard white was good and provided for a clean look when everyone wore white shoes, but now with team color cleats being more common, and black making a comeback, it may be worth taking another look at that rule.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought it was "volt yellow" not neon green.

Hogwash orange and Bullshi+ green... same difference.

I like that they're experimenting with different color sock bottoms.

The standard white was good and provided for a clean look when everyone wore white shoes, but now with team color cleats being more common, and black making a comeback, it may be worth taking another look at that rule.

I've said this for a while that the college socks look better for football uniforms than the pro-style. The doubel socks that they make the NFL players wear looks silly, especially because it causes the long leggings or peter pan tights look.

as for the actual uniforms... no body really cares about the Pro Bowl anyway... so why not let Nike get crazy with the uniforms? At least they will look good on the field, unlike what Rebok and Addidas tries to throw together.

A little while back we had a Nike employee posting on this site (remember, he got himself in a bit of trouble over classified info?), and I had asked him why Nike seemed to be pushing monochrome designs as the primary look. He said that wasn't true, that Nike just provided options and that the teams were choosing monochrome.

Bull. When given control, monochrome football uniforms are obviously Nike's first choice. Soon, the average NFL team will look like your local highschool... a solid color from head to toe.

A little while back we had a Nike employee posting on this site (remember, he got himself in a bit of trouble over classified info?), and I had asked him why Nike seemed to be pushing monochrome designs as the primary look. He said that wasn't true, that Nike just provided options and that the teams were choosing monochrome.

Bull. When given control, monochrome football uniforms are obviously Nike's first choice. Soon, the average NFL team will look like your local highschool... a solid color from head to toe.

Funny how monochrome in the NFL is seemingly sacrilege, yet in the NBA, MLB, and some NHL teams it's the standard.

It's just the Pro Bowl. I feel like if this is where Nike is going to go crazy, let them. It's a meaningless game that is just for fun. Let them have crazy uniforms. It'll be an interesting thing year from year to see what Nike will come up with. They have no reason to be red/blue because it's not NFC vs AFC anymore.

But its still an NFL game not the Nike Bowl. Red and blue should still be the dominant colors

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

But its still an NFL game not the Nike Bowl. Red and blue should still be the dominant colors

Yeah. The game sucks. We all know that. But it's still the NFL putting on an NFL event. And, presumably, some people will watch it, so they should try to look like the NFL. But the NFL green lights it...it's their business, but I kinda wish they'd say "you have our uniform contract, but the uniforms are not Nike billboards."

The Pro Bowl has always been bad, but they sure are finding way to make it worse. White vs. Gray does not have the contrast we are used to. And since (Correct me if I am wrong) they are going to an NHL-style "draft players to create completely random teams", who is who is even murkier. I look forward to a QB throwing a pick to a Lions D-back because he thinks it's Calvin Johnson.

As an aside, there is nothing I hate more than these drafts to decide all-star teams.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived