Nike Pro Bowl Uniforms Unveiled

ESTONES6

You know what. Screw it. I like the look a bit tbh, but that's not why I like it. I like the idea of Nike trying out crazy designs, colors, and fabrics on the players in a meaningless game to get feedback. Maybe the players say the flywire is too hot or something. Better know that in the pro bowl than in week 1 of 2014.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we say "automatic death sentence" for the Pro Bowl?

Or "overreaction" or even "freaking out over a photoshop image instead of wating to see a real life photo".

These really aren't that bad. In fact for those complaining about the uniforms not matching the helmet, I think you can argue that uniforms that are 90% grey or white are as neutral as you can get without going all black and white.

Well if they wanted to change things up, why not go this route when it comes to the uniforms?

I actually think these are a little too safe for Nike. They can really use the Pro Bowl to test some stuff out at the NFL level, and if it sells some jerseys and gets people watching it'll be better than what they had before.

I kinda dig the Graphite/Neon Green look.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Well, I totally expected them to go this route. They're not bad, but they're just kinda meh. They're team Nike vs team Nike 2.0. Coulda made it more NFL themed. It would've been cool to see one team in throwbacks that resemble the Dayton Triangles or Canton Bulldogs or something like that, crazy old striping patterns (on the modern template, of course) and all with the leather looking HGI helmets. then the other team could be in ULTRA futuristic uniforms with chrome helmets and, hell, even mini LED lights that blink on contact or something ridiculous like that. That would've been way more creative and it would've given people a great look at how companies like Nike and HGI can produce both newer crazy styles, but also how they can get so accurate on older looks as well.

As a side note, when I first saw these jerseys, I somehow thought of you, Bucfan ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Nike has officially unveiled the new uniforms for the Pro Bowl... The Red, white and blue are gone in favor of gray, lime green and highlighter orange.

d1008pb.jpg

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nike-unveils-pro-bowl-uniforms-140802629--nfl.html

(Yes, I know this is being discussed in the NFL thread, but something this drastic usually warrants a separate thread.)

What is the number color for the orange one? Gray? It almost looks like pewter to me. Almost looks like a modern, Nike-fied Tampa Bay Bucs concept.

Nike has officially unveiled the new uniforms for the Pro Bowl... The Red, white and blue are gone in favor of gray, lime green and highlighter orange.

d1008pb.jpg

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nike-unveils-pro-bowl-uniforms-140802629--nfl.html

(Yes, I know this is being discussed in the NFL thread, but something this drastic usually warrants a separate thread.)

What is the number color for the orange one? Gray? It almost looks like pewter to me. Almost looks like a modern, Nike-fied Tampa Bay Bucs concept.

its the carbon pattern tat oregon uses

d1008pb.jpg

its the carbon pattern tat oregon uses

oh ok nevermind then

This is what I equate these uniforms to, I like them, some other people like them, but most of the old guard hate them because "They aren't traditional"

i think people hate them because it's garbage. im a huge fan of what Oregon and Oklahoma State are doing. i'll even support new colors to represent the NFL Pro Bowl. but Nike gave us colors that represent Nike in a lame effort. it's a poor idea with poor execution. F

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is what I equate these uniforms to, I like them, some other people like them, but most of the old guard hate them because "They aren't traditional"

i think people hate them because it's garbage. im a huge fan of what Oregon and Oklahoma State are doing. i'll even support new colors to represent the NFL Pro Bowl. but Nike gave us colors that represent Nike in a lame effort. it's a poor idea with poor execution. F

That's exactly what I think the problem is with these. The uniforms are not representing the Pro Bowl, they are representing Nike.

Many of the newer posters fail to realize that we "traditionals" don't only like a certain style with a hundred stripes (quoting one poster in particular).

We like stuff that looks good. These don't look good. Not because of the colors, or that they represent Nike, but because (IMO) the balance is off. There aren't creative elements to the design at all, they color-by-numbered their own template.

That's what bugs me more than anything else.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I see people claiming that these get a pass because the pro bowl is where Nike gets to be creative and really strut their stuff guyz!

With that logic, to think that this was the best Nike could do is disheartening.

Midway.png

There are several reasons for "the old guard" or any "new guard" to hate them.

The Pro Bowl has a history of getting creative with the uniforms:

Some have been better than others. But this is different. This is the most blatant showing of representing the manufacturer rather than the "team" (which, given the lame nature of the "teams", means "NFL") that we've seen in the NFL. It's done in college, obviously, and the Seahawks have some of that going on, but for the most part, NFL uniforms represent the "team".

In a community of uniform fans, there have been a few things that surprised me and one of them is this: I figured that most people "like me" would be turned off by team uniforms not representing the team, but being used as a billboard to represent the manufacturer. And that is clearly what this is. The "shield" is red/white/blue and the pro bowl history is r/w/b. These uniforms say "Nike". That's all they say. It does not mean I don't like new ideas...All Star games (NBA/NHL/NFL) traditionally tinker with out-of-the-box ideas on uniforms and some work out better than others, but this is the most blatant attempt to represent the manufacturer since Oregon in the National Title game.

It's not an "old/new guard" issue. Or maybe it is...if so, I am disappointed in the "new guard's" willingness to toss aside team identities in favor of apparel manufacturer identities. But I guess I'd better get used to it.

And frankly, I am disappointed by the NFL's willingness to allow the "shield" to be covered up by Nike's highlighters.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like them. It's a good departure from the red and blue we've seen for decades. One thing I don't like is the complete lack of stars, because I mean, even though it sucks, the Pro Bowl is still an All Star Game

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived