2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Watched the Angels/A's game yesterday.

The bill of the Angels' cap looked black. No matter what angle or what light it looked black. And I have a nice TV.

So, did they Angels go to a Yankees' navy or is it black or do I need my eyes checked?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the Angels/A's game yesterday.

The bill of the Angels' cap looked black. No matter what angle or what light it looked black. And I have a nice TV.

So, did they Angels go to a Yankees' navy or is it black or do I need my eyes checked?

They've always worn a Yankees-type dark navy since they introduced these uniforms in 2002 and for most their history actually.

Can the White Sox just do 1959 throwbacks already and call it a day? Honestly, as a lifelong teenage Sox fan, I DESPISE the batterman logo. The jerseys weren't good, and it reminds me of something people from 1950 thought baseball jerseys in 2050 would look like (In fact I think the whole reason behind adopting the uniform was to look futuristic). Sure the Sox were good in '83 and had the likes of Kittle, Fisk, Luzinski, Baines,Dotson, Hoyt, and LaRussa on it, but they still chocked in the championship series! 1959 is a more memorable team to me

minnie-minoso-1.jpg?w=468

spacer.png

Can the White Sox just do 1959 throwbacks already and call it a day? Honestly, as a lifelong teenage Sox fan, I DESPISE the batterman logo. The jerseys weren't good, and it reminds me of something people from 1950 thought baseball jerseys in 2050 would look like (In fact I think the whole reason behind adopting the uniform was to look futuristic). Sure the Sox were good in '83 and had the likes of Kittle, Fisk, Luzinski, Baines,Dotson, Hoyt, and LaRussa on it, but they still chocked in the championship series! 1959 is a more memorable team to me

%7Boption%7Dhttp:]

Right, batterman logo and those red, blue, white uniforms must be in the alltime top 5 of worst unis. in all of sports

The Sox wore the 1959 throwbacks in 2005 against the Dodgers and looked incredible. They wore flannel jerseys with stirrups and the correct font, and were about as close to authentic as we'll see today. In 2009 against the Dodgers, they wore crappy doubleknit versions, which were white (instead of cream) and had some random block font.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'd rather have the same constant GOOD throwback than bad ones. They were the 83 ones way too much. The throwbacks were supposed to be for Sundays last year, and the Sox still wore them on weekdays.

spacer.png

Thanks Roman, I thought it was 2005. I think AJ had that bat flip walk off against the Dodgers. It was spectacular.

aj.jpg?w=275&h=235

He did, and it was. Podsednik had a walk-off single against the Dodgers in the throwback game in 2009, but the jerseys (or the season) weren't nearly as glorious that time around.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Thanks Roman, I thought it was 2005. I think AJ had that bat flip walk off against the Dodgers. It was spectacular.

aj.jpg?w=275&h=235

He did, and it was. Podsednik had a walk-off single against the Dodgers in the throwback game in 2009, but the jerseys (or the season) weren't nearly as glorious that time around.

Hell yeah!

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

It's spring training. Majestic always comes up with crap looks and New Era with their stupid caps this time of year.

Let me guess is it because they aren't pull overs, they are batting practice jerseys and hats, most teams dont use them in games and its only dumb teams that do use them.

minnie-minoso-1.jpg?w=468

A modernization of this would be superb full time for the ChiSox (Shameless plug: Check my MLB Concept Series for a concept of this exactly idea)

The Sox maybe should have gone with red instead of silver, seeing as the Bulls and Blackhawks also used those colors in this city. I do like the look of the '59 set, but the time for that has passed. For a team that went through so many different uniform styles and color sets, the Sox finally got it right and found something iconic. This will be the 25th season in the current set, which has seen a World Series title. They don't need to go back to black and red. The just need to undo the damage they did to their road set and limit the black jerseys to once or twice a week.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived