2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Can the White Sox just do 1959 throwbacks already and call it a day? Honestly, as a lifelong teenage Sox fan, I DESPISE the batterman logo. The jerseys weren't good, and it reminds me of something people from 1950 thought baseball jerseys in 2050 would look like (In fact I think the whole reason behind adopting the uniform was to look futuristic). Sure the Sox were good in '83 and had the likes of Kittle, Fisk, Luzinski, Baines,Dotson, Hoyt, and LaRussa on it, but they still chocked in the championship series! 1959 is a more memorable team to me

minnie-minoso-1.jpg?w=468

A modernization of this would be superb full time for the ChiSox (Shameless plug: Check my MLB Concept Series for a concept of this exactly idea)

Something would have to be done about that chest logo. It looks like someone had the current logo in front of them while sitting in a boring meeting, holding a red pen, and decided to doodle around it, filling in any open space they could find with red.

You mean like this? Like what was said earlier, they could have easily went with this look instead of black/silver, and it would have been a success. I think this as an alt would be perfect.

MLB_M&N_405_59EWYNN_2.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want anyone other than Majestic to get the MLB contract just so I don't have to see COOLBASE jerseys. They look like cheap cotton button up jerseys a little league team would wear.

Unless Rawlings or Russell Athletic want back in the game, I'm fine with Majestic. As Gothamite said, switching to one of the mega companies is going to lead to awful designs which push the company above the actual team. We'd see crap like the various BP templates of the past decade made regular game uniforms.

Bingo. Better to stick with Majestic if you're at all a traditionalist, even if you get COOLBASE. Majestic is producing very traditional-looking game uniforms without crazy vents or stripes. In respect to baseball, with the exception of more traditional programs like Texas or Stanford, Nike / Rawlings / Russell are not producing many plain old traditional doubleknit jerseys at the college level. If one of them had the contract, you'd still get whatever their version of COOLBASE is because that's what teams want. At least everyone doesn't have shoulder vents.

And keep in mind that teams can choose to outfit in doubleknit or COOLBASE. It's entirely up to the team. There was a thread on the Majestic contract where someone who was in the know revealed how the contract works: each team gets a team set of each of their uniforms in either doubleknit or COOLBASE, and they have the option to buy a second set in the other material at a lower cost. It's entirely up to each team which way to go. The Phillies were one of the first teams to go all-in. Oakland, as of last year, still got both materials and left it up to each player what they wanted to wear.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I wouldn't complain too much about coolbase. As was said up thread CB has been calm they haven't altered designs or changed the look of baseball, plus unlike the Elite and Edge most players and fans love them. (From what I've gathered) Look at the NFL, NBA, and NHL.

-NFL- Nike Elite- horrible designs, fly wire, toilet seats discoloration due to sweat.

-NBA- Adidas Rev 30- changed designs (stitching on #'s), numbers falling off, mesh #'s, Sleeves.

NHL-Reebok Edge- horrible designs, players hated them, weird hem line, bad but more expensive replicas, jock tags.

Majestic has treated MLB well with their "innovation" considering the other leagues and manufacturers. If Majestic is replaced it will likely be by adidas nike or ua which would not be good.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

So the Mothership has the block "C" as the Indian's primary logo for next year. Did I miss an announcement, or did they do it silently on purpose?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

St. Patty's look from the Angels' instagram:

ScreenShot2014-03-13at92227PM_zps91b03b2

Call me crazy, but that pops so good that I wouldn't mind the Angels adding green as a secondary color and that becoming the logo.

I was thinking the same thing. A red/green color scheme wouldn't be half bad for the Angels. Improvement over grey/silver, that's for sure.

I think red and gold would be best, how many other teams share that color scheme, none i can think of off the top of my head

Red and gold is a solid color scheme too. If we're talking sports in general, Niners are one. But if we're talking MLB, pretty sure it'd be completely unique.

I think red and gold would be best, how many other teams share that color scheme, none i can think of off the top of my head

Red and gold is a solid color scheme too. If we're talking sports in general, Niners are one. But if we're talking MLB, pretty sure it'd be completely unique.

The old Nats uniforms were Red-Gold. Is their batterman still Red-White-Gold?

---

Speaking of things that resemble the old Nationals unis,, here's the logo for the Yankees-Marlins spring training "legends series" in Panama this weekend. It was not worn as a patch as far as I can tell.

1799102_803785006303185_1006804978_o.jpg

Is this the first time we've seen the marlins logo rendered in flat orange? I kind of like it....

Anubis.png

The old Nats uniforms were Red-Gold. Is their batterman still Red-White-Gold?

The Nationals' old batterman was blue-white-gold. Now, like tohasbo mentioned, it's red-white-navy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived