2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BP cap in the regular rotation. Just stupid.

It looks like they only cover the home sets, so who knows what they'll do on the road.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Sadly, the Padres' camo uniforms are the closest thing we will see to a return to brown for at least the near future.

And they still botched it with the white NOB vs brown numeral and team name. The rest of the set has those elements in the same color.

Either do brown for the numeral and NOB or (my preference) use the green from the 06-10 set.

Marlins have set a rotation for their uniforms: http://oncloudconine.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/sneak-peek-marlins-uniform-combinations-this-season/

Orange cap will be used this year.

My favorite is that it has nothing to say on whether they'll wear their grey jerseys or not.

How the grey was worn albeit that camo style only ONCE still amazed me. Is the now 3 year old Marlins set perfect? No but damn at least they can wear the grey AND orange a bit more.

Dodgers will wear their new road alternates tonight in San Diego.

Is this part of their full uniform rotation? I thought they were just using it for the Sydney games. If that's the case, they should just adopt it full time and ditch the other one

Yes, it is part of the rotation. Stupid as is the Giants two grey uniforms.

When was the last time that's ever happened between two teams wearing white pants

1989, maybe? The Cubs wore non-pinstriped white pants on the road with their blue pullover tops.

I've been wanting the Cubs to go back to that blue jersey as the alternate, but as a button jersey.

Me too! Plain white pants and all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Cubs wearing their awful new alternate road jerseys today.

They're really terrible. So amateur looking.

Pirates should have worn the white jerseys instead of the black set. Nothing like Opening Day with the two teams wearing alternate uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Marlins have set a rotation for their uniforms: http://oncloudconine.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/sneak-peek-marlins-uniform-combinations-this-season/

Orange cap will be used this year.

My favorite is that it has nothing to say on whether they'll wear their grey jerseys or not.

How the grey was worn albeit that camo style only ONCE still amazed me. Is the now 3 year old Marlins set perfect? No but damn at least they can wear the grey AND orange a bit more.

I think it would be neat, just once, to go all orange. Orange hat and orange alternate jersey.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The new Cubs road alternate's numbers are too small. It's just weird...

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-photos-cubs-at-pirates-20140331/#chi-4cubpit-20140331

Also, here are pictures of the Dodgers road alt in action:

dodgers-padres-baseball.jpg

20140330_ads_ah2_037.0_standard_730.0.jp

...they're fine by me, but I still think they need a white border similar to the early 90s.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

These new Cubs jerseys really are awful.

And I don't get the point of those Dodgers jerseys. Either have it "Los Angeles" or "Dodgers". You don't need both jerseys.

And really, with mentioning both, road alternates are a waste. Alternate jerseys are ostensibly for your fans. So why put them only on the road? I mean I guess your fans will see them on TV, but wouldn't you want your fans to see them at home? Whatever.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm more bemused by the new Cubs alts than anything. I was actually wondering if they'd been used before, seeing as I haven't seen the Cubs in action in several years.

Of course, now we all have to add this new alternate to the Cubs page and then give it low-to-mediocre ratings.

[placeholder until I think of a decent signature]

Archived