2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Unpopular opinion most likely, but also related to MLB. This Marlins Vs Rockies matchup is what I hope baseball looks like in a few years. Color vs Color. Two unique colors that are bright and can easily be differentiated. I absolutely love to see this kinda thing and hope it continues.

Not color vs. color, but I'd like it if teams wore colored jerseys instead of gray on the road. I'd still want the Yankees, Dodgers, Tigers, Cardinals, etc. to keep gray but I don't see any reason why teams like the Marlins, Cubs, Diamondbacks, and others need to have a gray uniform.

And just because it can't be said too much: the Cubs road alternate is awful. This is one jersey that actually looks like it's either a Chinese knockoff or was bought at Wal-Mart.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that cubs alt looks like a cheaply made dodgers ripoff, and that dodgers look......i like it in action, looks less cluttered and reminds me of what the dodgers would wear, has a nice branding feel to it imo

2rzsaw3.jpg

The Cubs front numbers are a joke:

h.jpg

That's the funniest looking thing I've seen in a while. Exactly who looked at that and thought it looked good?

Same guy who put numbers on the front of NHL jerseys

Hello, I saw the article about the Miami Marlins deciding for a 2nd year in a row to not wear their Grey road jersey. I was wondering if the Marlins have explained why they have chosen to stop wearing them? I find it really, really odd that they wouldn't wear it.

Unpopular opinion most likely, but also related to MLB. This Marlins Vs Rockies matchup is what I hope baseball looks like in a few years. Color vs Color. Two unique colors that are bright and can easily be differentiated. I absolutely love to see this kinda thing and hope it continues.

Are purple and orange really "unique" colors, or are you just using that word as a buzzword to argue in favor of something you happen to like?

Anyway the NBA I wouldn't mind shifting to a more color vs color oriented league, but most of baseball's colored alts are horrible. White-gray is the way to go, make Friday night alt night or something.

Purple and orange aren't "unique." I think "less common" or "uncommon" are the terms you all are looking for.

When only 3/30 teams have orange in there scheme and only 2 of those three have a orange jersey, and when the Rockies are the only team to have purple in there scheme it is definitely unique.

Although I don't like alternate uniforms on Opening Day, neat matchup in Miami tonight. Rockies purple vs. Marlins orange.

If you think that's neat, you should go to a local park and watch 10 year-olds play. Those games would look just as "neat", and just as unprofessional.

The Dodgers alt is bad. It doesn't look better than the home in any way, it's wholely unnecessary, and based on how much they're wearing it so far, I'm guessing it will supplant the proper road jersey very shortly. Maybe the San Jose Sharks convinced them all those letter on the road jerseys weighed the players down.

And finally, the Cubs' alt is laughably bad. There has been a lot of unecessary crap alts produced in the last few years, but this has to take the cake. It has the same color balance problems as the regular crappy road jerseys, the wordmark is awful, it uses the team name instead of the city (and doesn't even tie in at all to the home jerseys), it has nothing to do with any identity the Cubs have had for the past 80 years or so, it inexplicably uses a different font, and the front numbers are horrifically small and misplaced. Even considering the awfulness from the '70s, I would go out on a limb and say that these alts are the worst baseball uniforms ever to see a major league field. They're THAT bad.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Semantics... ugh.

Purple is very unique, uncommon, strange, whatever you want to call it. Marlins Orange is also unique. This seems like a pretty pointless debate. I was mostly referring to the fact that neither team had any blue or red in them, which is surprising.

I would love to see the A's wear green and the Rays wear there powder blue more too. I just absolutely hate the grey color for practically most teams.

I would like to see more all white vs. all gray on opening day. Yesterday was a visual embarrassment for the league IMO. I would even be willing to accept all light blue in lieu of gray. The frequency of dark alts being worn has ruined the aesthetic of the game.

I would like to see more all white vs. all gray on opening day. Yesterday was a visual embarrassment for the league IMO. I would even be willing to accept all light blue in lieu of gray. The frequency of dark alts being worn has ruined the aesthetic of the game.

I agree, yesterday was terrible. I'm not really against alts in general (though the frequency of their use over standard uniforms is annoying), but opening day should be the one day each year when teams must wear their primary home or road uniforms. When its to the point that alts are worn more than regular jerseys they're no longer alternate jerseys.

EDIT: and while I'm at it, can Cool-Base please be outlawed...every single jersey looks like a cheap, paper thin Chinese knockoff with peeling iron-on numbers, topped off with blank underarm vents and one shade of gray. :puke:

At first I didn't mind the Cubs alts because I thought they were just like the other one-off throwbacks - yeah, it may be ugly, but it's a part of your history. But they thought a 90-year-old design was good enough to make a full-time road jersey out of? Yikes.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yankee fan here (Live in the Bronx, im not a bandwagon) and as I'm sitting here in my Road batting practice jersey, i feel depressed that the Yankees will never have a road alt. Our Home jerseys are amazing, i love them. But the road jerseys are so blank and simple. Navy Blue with "New York" or "Yankees" across it would look beautiful. Anybody else agree?

Archived