2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, those Cubs jerseys are a disaster. Crazy expanded kerning on the CUBS and then too tiny numerals tightly kerned below. Does anyone know if they are required to have numerals on the front of the jersey? Would have been better without the numerals.

Plenty of teams don't have numbers on the front.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Jesus. Considering they have seemingly dozens of part owners who are getting up there, chances are they'll be wearing a patch every year until 2030. Didn't one of the other owners that nobody ever heard of die last year or two ago?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll admit the numbering looks a little odd with it being smaller, but I sort of like that it's a different uniform than the regular visitor uni. Call me crazy, I know, I know.

Selfishly, I'd love for a return to this instead though...

mlb_g_maddux12_600x600.jpg

or even the old "Cuba Cubs" jersey. The current visitor uniform just seems so boring to me.

h6wp5fzhmau1x3szn6ptxo5y7.gif

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

Although I don't like alternate uniforms on Opening Day, neat matchup in Miami tonight. Rockies purple vs. Marlins orange.

kg8dcn2.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I'm not sure what's worse - wearing camo on opening day, or both teams wearing colored alts.

I remember when opening day was a big deal - now it's like casual friday.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unpopular opinion most likely, but also related to MLB. This Marlins Vs Rockies matchup is what I hope baseball looks like in a few years. Color vs Color. Two unique colors that are bright and can easily be differentiated. I absolutely love to see this kinda thing and hope it continues.

I'm starting to change my mind about the Marlins logo and uniform. It used to be my least favorite in American sports, but after visiting Miami this past weekend, it really does fit. Here's to hoping Miami has a bizzarely good season and turns this franchise around.

Unpopular opinion most likely, but also related to MLB. This Marlins Vs Rockies matchup is what I hope baseball looks like in a few years. Color vs Color. Two unique colors that are bright and can easily be differentiated. I absolutely love to see this kinda thing and hope it continues.

Every once in a while sure, but not all the time.

Archived