2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankee fan here (Live in the Bronx, im not a bandwagon) and as I'm sitting here in my Road batting practice jersey, i feel depressed that the Yankees will never have a road alt. Our Home jerseys are amazing, i love them. But the road jerseys are so blank and simple. Navy Blue with "New York" or "Yankees" across it would look beautiful. Anybody else agree?

No. I like when old time teams keep it simple. It's the reason I don't want the Tigers to get one.

The fact that the Yankees have one of the top brands in the world and could make millions off another jersey, yet they don't, is respectable.

sig.png

Giants Orioles Marlins Rockies Lakers Kings Suns Knicks Vikings Ravens Browns Bengals Bears Broncos Flyers plus several notable college teams

Uncommon yes, unique no.

These are not baseball teams.

Who. Cares.

Orange in baseball is no different from orange in football or orange in basketball or anything else.

Giants Orioles Marlins Rockies Lakers Kings Suns Knicks Vikings Ravens Browns Bengals Bears Broncos Flyers plus several notable college teams

Uncommon yes, unique no.

Who. Cares.

Orange in baseball is no different from orange in football or orange in basketball or anything else.

still out of 122 teams there are 10 with orange and 6 with purple, the fact that both played against each other in their colored alternates is unique any way you cut it

Although I don't like alternate uniforms on Opening Day, neat matchup in Miami tonight. Rockies purple vs. Marlins orange.

If you think that's neat, you should go to a local park and watch 10 year-olds play. Those games would look just as "neat", and just as unprofessional.

I could not agree more.

531rangerstigers.jpg

Yankee fan here (Live in the Bronx, im not a bandwagon) and as I'm sitting here in my Road batting practice jersey, i feel depressed that the Yankees will never have a road alt. Our Home jerseys are amazing, i love them. But the road jerseys are so blank and simple. Navy Blue with "New York" or "Yankees" across it would look beautiful. Anybody else agree?

I do agree with your idea, tastefully done, there would be nothing wrong with a Yankees alternate. I could see a blue jersey with your avatar Yankees logo on the front. Not sure why there would be any kind of uproar, the club actually had a number of changes early in its history.

Uncommon yes, unique no.

Who. Cares.

still out of 122 teams there are 10 with orange and 6 with purple, the fact that both played against each other in their colored alternates is unique any way you cut it

Once again, "uncommon" is the term you're looking for.

Uncommon yes, unique no.

Who. Cares.

Once again, "uncommon" is the term you're looking for.

Correct. UNCOMMON is the term that should be used.

===

Was there a reason why the Red Sox decided to revert back to their old road set?

Go A's!

Uncommon yes, unique no.

Who. Cares.

Did you not notice that this a baseball uniform thread? The point is it's uncommon/unique in baseball.

agree

I notice the Rangers wearing their blue caps with their home unis. Anyone know if this is permanent? I hope it is, because the red cap with home uni didn't work at all.

They've always worn the blue hat as the main at home. :therock:

No. They switched to the red caps a couple of seasons ago. I don't think they wore the blue caps with home uni at all the last two seasons.

NS_30GROUP_26664625.JPG

I notice the Rangers wearing their blue caps with their home unis. Anyone know if this is permanent? I hope it is, because the red cap with home uni didn't work at all.

No. They switched to the red caps a couple of seasons ago. I don't think they wore the blue caps with home uni at all the last two seasons.

NS_30GROUP_26664625.JPG

Maybe that's why they haven't made a World Series appearance in two years.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

NS_30GROUP_26664625.JPG

Maybe that's why they haven't made a World Series appearance in two years.

Why did they ever go away from blue full time? It set them apart from the division rival Angels. Now it's hard to tell just by looking at the hat.

Hello, I saw the article about the Miami Marlins deciding for a 2nd year in a row to not wear their Grey road jersey. I was wondering if the Marlins have explained why they have chosen to stop wearing them? I find it really, really odd that they wouldn't wear it.

I wonder if MLB will have something to say about this. When J. Fernandez and G. Stanton are representing the team at the AS Game at Target Field, are they going to be wearing black unis?

Purple and orange aren't "unique." I think "less common" or "uncommon" are the terms you all are looking for.

When only 3/30 teams have orange in there scheme and only 2 of those three have a orange jersey, and when the Rockies are the only team to have purple in there scheme it is definitely unique.

4/30, right : Marlins/Astros/Giants/ O's ???

NS_30GROUP_26664625.JPG

Wrong. The blue caps with white is still the main home set.

mlb-rangers-yu-darvish-apjpg-1dd033bb797

Yesterday:

BkO2O9RIUAALsbW.jpg

Go A's!

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but I've only been seeing the old Majestic logo on the sleeves this year. I thought they got a new logo?

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

Archived