2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The Sox maybe should have gone with red instead of silver, seeing as the Bulls and Blackhawks also used those colors in this city. I do like the look of the '59 set, but the time for that has passed. For a team that went through so many different uniform styles and color sets, the Sox finally got it right and found something iconic. This will be the 25th season in the current set, which has seen a World Series title. They don't need to go back to black and red. The just need to undo the damage they did to their road set and limit the black jerseys to once or twice a week.

You are spot on. I was thinking the exact same thing a short while ago. Current design swapping silver for red. Instant stand out look.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sox maybe should have gone with red instead of silver, seeing as the Bulls and Blackhawks also used those colors in this city. I do like the look of the '59 set, but the time for that has passed. For a team that went through so many different uniform styles and color sets, the Sox finally got it right and found something iconic. This will be the 25th season in the current set, which has seen a World Series title. They don't need to go back to black and red. The just need to undo the damage they did to their road set and limit the black jerseys to once or twice a week.

You are spot on. I was thinking the exact same thing a short while ago. Current design swapping silver for red. Instant stand out look.

I may be wrong here but I think that's the exact opposite of what he just said.

I do love the sox in red though, specifically the all red and white like the throwback they wore two years ago.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Can the White Sox just do 1959 throwbacks already and call it a day? Honestly, as a lifelong teenage Sox fan, I DESPISE the batterman logo. The jerseys weren't good, and it reminds me of something people from 1950 thought baseball jerseys in 2050 would look like (In fact I think the whole reason behind adopting the uniform was to look futuristic). Sure the Sox were good in '83 and had the likes of Kittle, Fisk, Luzinski, Baines,Dotson, Hoyt, and LaRussa on it, but they still chocked in the championship series! 1959 is a more memorable team to me

minnie-minoso-1.jpg?w=468

A modernization of this would be superb full time for the ChiSox (Shameless plug: Check my MLB Concept Series for a concept of this exactly idea)

Something would have to be done about that chest logo. It looks like someone had the current logo in front of them while sitting in a boring meeting, holding a red pen, and decided to doodle around it, filling in any open space they could find with red.

I miss this Giants hat:

San-Francisco-Giants-and-Chicago-Cubs-Ne

It was worn for a while with the old black alt jerseys.

They should try to do this with the BP hat because of the raised embroidery on the Diamond Era. I have the current Giants BP hat and it looks pretty cool with a black outline on black. It really pops. Seems like New Era found a way to make logos stand out more with the Diamond Era.

bSLCtu2.png

I just dont like that the giants use the same design as their alt hat as their bp hat

Change it up

I remember reading that the Giants were strongly considering doing a cable car logo on the BP cap. That could have been really cool. Unfortunately I can't find my source; it might have been this thread.

I kind of get the impression that Majestic doesn't have the same R&D budget that most of its competitors do. I'm kind of surprised that they even developed Coolbase, but not surprised they couldn't figure out how to do it in gray for so long. I mean it's baseball, so it's by nature a little more traditional when it comes to its uniforms both from a design and material perspective, and the benefits of "cutting edge!!!!" materials may not be as noticeable as in the other sports, but it would still be neat if they could figure out how to do heather-gray double knit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The idea of wool print seems so stupid to me. Why would you want one fabric to look like another? Every time I have seen the UA and Rawlings they always remind me of the jeggings you would find at walmart.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

The idea of wool print seems so stupid to me. Why would you want one fabric to look like another? Every time I have seen the UA and Rawlings they always remind me of the jeggings you would find at walmart.

It's because UA and Rawlings are trying to be like nike :D

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

I thought it was cool when I first saw the faux wool (Mizzou?), but I think it would get overdone like vintage white in the NHL.

Watching Braves-Phillies on MLB Network, and my eyes are playing tricks on me. The Braves' navy BP jersey looks like it has a red shine to it. (Not the red on the back -- the navy material. Almost like the teal flake in the old Jaguars helmet. Crazy, right?)

I thought it was cool when I first saw the faux wool (Mizzou?), but I think it would get overdone like vintage white in the NHL.

I definitely agree that pretty soon half the league would start using it ad nauseam (including some '90s expansion teams), but at the very least, unlike vintage white, that's actually what old-school jerseys looked like.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I kind of get the impression that Majestic doesn't have the same R&D budget that most of its competitors do. I'm kind of surprised that they even developed Coolbase, but not surprised they couldn't figure out how to do it in gray for so long. I mean it's baseball, so it's by nature a little more traditional when it comes to its uniforms both from a design and material perspective, and the benefits of "cutting edge!!!!" materials may not be as noticeable as in the other sports, but it would still be neat if they could figure out how to do heather-gray double knit.

As an aside, I don't care what Majestic says about how they "developed" COOLBASE. They didn't. I have a Nike Dri-Fit Texas baseball jersey from 2003. It is the same material as COOLBASE, except it is slightly heavier. COOLBASE is the same material with different name. That material existed in the industry before Majestic tried to make it a big deal in MLB.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

As an aside, I don't care what Majestic says about how they "developed" COOLBASE. They didn't. I have a Nike Dri-Fit Texas baseball jersey from 2003. It is the same material as COOLBASE, except it is slightly heavier. COOLBASE is the same material with different name. That material existed in the industry before Majestic tried to make it a big deal in MLB.

I really wouldn't even consider majestic a uniform designer or or outfitter. They are a fan apparel company that got the mlb contract and backed into becoming a uniform outfitter by default. I'm prett confident they spend next to nothing on uniform r&d and all of their fabric tech is commonly available via 3rd party textile suppliers.

I want anyone other than Majestic to get the MLB contract just so I don't have to see COOLBASE jerseys. They look like cheap cotton button up jerseys a little league team would wear.

Unless Rawlings or Russell Athletic want back in the game, I'm fine with Majestic. As Gothamite said, switching to one of the mega companies is going to lead to awful designs which push the company above the actual team. We'd see crap like the various BP templates of the past decade made regular game uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived