2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Club's new kit won't be out until next month apparently, but in the early hours of this morning its new crest was unveiled...

new-crest-shield-4-3116-1650705_478x359_

From the Club's website...

The Club is pleased to reveal its new official crest which will be used on all club collateral from the start of the 2014/15 season.
The new crest retains the familiar tiger at the heart of it whilst also adopting a clean, stylish and modern feel as we continue to evolve during this exciting era. Another nod to the heritage and history of our great Club comes with the inclusion of the year ‘1904’ at the base of the crest, which makes the most of current trends in business branding.

Speaking at the unveiling of the new crest, Vice-Chairman Ehab Allam said: “We are delighted to unveil our new crest for 2014/15.

“This is a more stripped back and modern approach which still celebrates the Club’s heritage and history by focusing on our famous and well established Tigers head. We have also introduced ‘1904’ to the crest to document the year our club was formed.

“Our first ever step into European competition is a new era for us all and we are all excited about the season ahead.”

The new crest will be used on our new playing kit for the 2014/15 season, which will be revealed next month, and will also feature on our official merchandise, marketing, communications and commercial ventures going forward.

Due to the timescales involved in approval and production of our new playing kit, and due to the late nature of the decision on our application to change the Club’s name, consultation with the fans about the new crest wasn’t possible, but the importance of retaining the ‘tigers head’ logo, which has been synonymous with the Club for many, many years, was central in the design process.

It's worth pointing out that the new crest doesn't feature the Club's name, something that is no surprise at all. After the application to change its name was rejected by the FA, the Club's name has disappeared off all communications it issues - such as the above press release. Indeed, the season pass renewal campaign currently underway doesn't mention the name of the Club at all.

As such, the Club's name is as absent as the consultation its owners promised.

Oh my, I was really hoping they would replace that god awful looking tiger head.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

The Club's new kit won't be out until next month apparently, but in the early hours of this morning its new crest was unveiled...

Unveiled in the club's shower block, judging by the tiles.

That's pretty disappointing, to put it mildly.

Unveiled in the club's shower block, judging by the tiles.

That's pretty disappointing, to put it mildly.

That's one of the two home changing rooms at the stadium - Hull FC (rugby league) have a changing room decorated in black and white tiles reflecting their colours, whilst the Club's changing room has black and amber tiles.

Saying it looks modern while keeping that tiger rendering is an oxymoron...but I guess fans would revolt if they changed it?

PR design speak cracks me up sometimes...the way they fluff the words in the presentation and the choices they made. I mean this isn't a van Gogh painting.

Saying it looks modern while keeping that tiger rendering is an oxymoron...but I guess fans would revolt if they changed it?

It might not be the best rendering of a tiger the world's seen, but it's ours and we like it. There's enough upset at the moment with the owners stripping our name off everything, let alone them consigning the Tiger to the scrapheap as well!

It'll be interesting to see how well the new shirts sell - I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of a boycott, and I can imagine Umbro aren't too impressed over this.

FC St Pauli has switched outfitters from Do You Football? to Hummel in a two-year deal:

Video presentation:

From Footy Headlines:

The new St. Pauli Hummel Kit Deal runs at least two years until 2016 and will start on July 1, 2014. The new contract allows Hummel to design and produce the new St. Pauli 14-15 and 15-16 Kits.
Jens Binek, hummel's managing director in Germany, is looking very much forward to the collaboration:
"Supplying a club like FC St. Pauli gives us the opportunity to strengthen our presence within the world of football. And it is a perfect match. Both hummel and FC St. Pauli are well-established brands which value tradition, character, regional and social responsibility. Both brands are by no means "wallflowers" but stand out for their uniqueness and the courage to welcome diversity. For us, FC St. Pauli is the perfect partner!"
The new St. Pauli 2014-2015 Kits will be presented in July 2014 and are sponsored by Relentless Energy.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/05/fc-st-pauli-announce-hummel-kit-deal.html

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

http://twitpic.com/e6e2sm

Canada debuting a new shirt tomorrow during the CanWNT vs. Germany match in Vancouver.

Here's a pic of the front:

74915u_mens_home_14.jpg

And here's what Canada Soccer has on their online store for the back:

sinclair_back_2.jpg

Love everything except the fonts on the back. Hoping that's just a bad Photoshop job.

Are those.... typewriter fonts?

That's one of the two home changing rooms at the stadium - Hull FC (rugby league) have a changing room decorated in black and white tiles reflecting their colours, whilst the Club's changing room has black and amber tiles.

I am mildly disturbed how close I was to the truth :)

Saying it looks modern while keeping that tiger rendering is an oxymoron...

In fairness, it says "modern feel" and "modern approach", which is correct so far as that shield is a very sparse, clean shape and they threw in '1904' as one does these days. The fact that all the bits they took away were the bits that made it cohesive with the old-style head is apparently just a side issue.

Archived