tron1013

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I look at the Youth Marks and wonder if they're actually better:

AppalachianStateU_YMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB

AppalachianStateU_YMK0400a_2013_SCC_SRGB

AppalachianStateU_YMK0600a_2013_SCC_SRGB

These logos would work perfectly as cereal box mascots, for some reason. I wonder what type of cereal does this smiling guy endorse.

Crispix

I was thinking store-brand Chex, but to each their own.

Looks like the drunken, pipe smoking sonufabitch uncle of the Fighting Irishman.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The disappointment for me is there not because App State went retro, but because they updated the damn thing and made it worse. They could have just said "Hey, we'll be bringing back ol' Yosef and using him more..." and no one would have blinked an eye. Rather, they took the time to "fix" the old design and repackage it as a "new" logo. Do you know how many great graphic designers there are out there with a real knack for vintage-feeling designs? They should have went to a designer and said "Look, we want to bring back this mark into the fold... We know he's rough, so clean him up and smooth him out, but keep that throwback charm to him." Instead, we got... whatever the hell that is.

Archived