College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

I like the Oregon helmet for the playoffs as is, but i'd like to see a version with a solid yellow mask

If they went with a yellow mask I feel like they'd need to pair it with a yellow/white/yellow stripe.

Also I feel like I've said it a million times, but I really hope they bust out yellow pants for the rose bowl. Not enough yellow on this set currently.

I feel like I've seen too much black and gray and olive green so much that when they unveiled these I immediately thought those are the best uniforms since they brought in the winged helmets. Honestly I don't really care if they barely use yellow. I just feel glad they made the O yellow instead of gray or black or chrome or just the winged helmet.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so um pretty sure the silver gliter stuff on tennessees helmets are different http://instagram.com/p/xM9_IkAMIB/

I wouldn't be so sure. Many helmets have glitter type additions to their helmets to give it that spark. And this pic showed up on a quick Google search. It's tough to see, but you can still see some spots of it, especially toward the back.

tn_helmet_and_football.jpg

The Packers are a team like this. I don't think most think of them as having a "sparkly" helmet, but you can notice it on closeups during a game.

Okay so um pretty sure the silver gliter stuff on tennessees helmets are different http://instagram.com/p/xM9_IkAMIB/

I wouldn't be so sure. Many helmets have glitter type additions to their helmets to give it that spark. And this pic showed up on a quick Google search. It's tough to see, but you can still see some spots of it, especially toward the back.

The Packers are a team like this. I don't think most think of them as having a "sparkly" helmet, but you can notice it on closeups during a game.

Wow, I never noticed that about either team. Pretty interesting.

We have had the "glitter" effect on the helmet since the early 2000s. It's present on the 2002 game-worn helmet I have in my office.

Many schools' white helmets have it to keep the helmets from appearing yellowish under the lights.

My biggest pet peeve with FSU is the new logo's hair. For 2/3 of the logo to be perfectly smooth and symmetrical and then the hair to be so subtly wavy, it bugs me to no end. I feel that it should be very apparent that it is asymmetrical or just follow the circle's curvature. Either would work. The current set up where it is so subtle just looks like a poorly drawn circle.

fsu_seminoles_logo_2014.gif

Old logo, old colors, shiny gold pants, and old helmet without the spears making that stupid X in the back.

Done.

Part of me wishes Oregon would have gone with a black facemask. It would've been a nice homage to the original Nike redesign.

15954269910_dc4110199b_o.png

Have to agree on that one. I typically don't like helmet and facemask being the same color and the finish on the facemask makes me not like it even more.

Saw this earlier, Marcus isn't wearing his usual "808" facemask with the new helmet.

It is a little odd to see him change his facemask this late in the season when he's worn the other one for the better part of 2 seasons. Must not have had that style available when they were getting them painted.

Saw this earlier, Marcus isn't wearing his usual "808" facemask with the new helmet.

So THAT'S what those extra bars are for. Been wondering about that for the last two years. Pretty cool way to represent his area code back in Hawaii.

It is a little odd to see him change his facemask this late in the season when he's worn the other one for the better part of 2 seasons. Must not have had that style available when they were getting them painted.

I would imagine they could get an old mask to HGI, get it refurbished and repainted in time for the game. Perhaps it's still in that process?

Anyone know if there are reps that go to these schools and take orders for custom masks? BA masks are the only people I know of that did the custom mask thing, but perhaps there are others?

Archived