College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

USC-Nebraska is easily the best looking matchup of the day. I'm really glad USC went with the regular helmets over the chrome domes.

Personally, I thought BC-Penn St was the best looking game of the day. I'm just not a fan of Nebraska in the white pants.

I didn't like BC's look for the same reason.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC-Nebraska is easily the best looking matchup of the day. I'm really glad USC went with the regular helmets over the chrome domes.

Personally, I thought BC-Penn St was the best looking game of the day. I'm just not a fan of Nebraska in the white pants.

Good point.

I guess it is an unpopular opinion, but I think that Oregon helmet is really boring. I love the finish, but the green helmet and facemask with no striping is bland. I'd love to see the wings on it with the O in the back, and maybe a black facemask. I really like the way the black facemask looks with the Vikings helmet.

A facemask with no stripes is now "bland". This is where we're at.

I think you are misreading the post. He's referring to the helmet, not facemask, lacking stripes.

are you sure?

he basically asked for everything that is on a regular oregon helmet (stripes on facemask, wings and O on the back ;; oregon never wears stripes either

oregon-2.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

thirded, I think the all white unis have been done to death. BC would have looked better with their gold or maroon pants.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I guess it is an unpopular opinion, but I think that Oregon helmet is really boring. I love the finish, but the green helmet and facemask with no striping is bland. I'd love to see the wings on it with the O in the back, and maybe a black facemask. I really like the way the black facemask looks with the Vikings helmet.

A facemask with no stripes is now "bland". This is where we're at.

I think you are misreading the post. He's referring to the helmet, not facemask, lacking stripes.

are you sure?

he basically asked for everything that is on a regular oregon helmet (stripes on facemask, wings and O on the back ;; oregon never wears stripes either

oregon-2.jpg

I wasn't talking about the facemask, I was talking about the helmet. I was basically just trying to point out that the helmet is really simple, and IMO, it doesn't look good or fit the brand of Oregon.

http://imgur.com/JI7Atbb

Mariotta wearing the playoff helmet

I LOVE this helmet. I tend to want teams to wear only one helmet. And this is what I'd like to see Oregon wear. If they are going to be crazy and inconsistent below the neck, this helmet could give us something to count on. School colors, glowingly iconic helmet logo, simple yet somehow bordering on flashy. Love.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

ESPN is at the Rose Bowl and they have the helmet showing the Oregon helmet, and it seems as it has a much more reflective sheen to it than what is shown in the picture. Like almost a chrome and matte off child.

NIke calls it an anodized satin finish so it's correct that it isn't exactly a matte finish. I've seen something similar on cars before but never helmets.

Okay so um pretty sure the silver gliter stuff on tennessees helmets are different http://instagram.com/p/xM9_IkAMIB/

I wouldn't be so sure. Many helmets have glitter type additions to their helmets to give it that spark. And this pic showed up on a quick Google search. It's tough to see, but you can still see some spots of it, especially toward the back.

tn_helmet_and_football.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

thirded, I think the all white unis have been done to death. BC would have looked better with their gold or maroon pants.

I'm with you guys, too. I'm of the opinion that BC shouldn't even have maroon or white pants. They should always be wearing gold pants, similar to my thoughts on the Saints uniforms.

I thought they looked way too much like Wisconsin

I like the Oregon helmet for the playoffs as is, but i'd like to see a version with a solid yellow mask

If they went with a yellow mask I feel like they'd need to pair it with a yellow/white/yellow stripe.

Also I feel like I've said it a million times, but I really hope they bust out yellow pants for the rose bowl. Not enough yellow on this set currently.

Archived