College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Fresno looks like New Mexico with the grey pants, and the chrome domes are horrible.

Bowl games are making me realize just how many teams have chrome helmets now i cant wait until this fad dies...

I just wanna see it utilized better. Right now 95% of chrome helmets are chrome for chrome sake. When the colors match it looks a lot better as well, Vegas gold uniforms with gold chrome helmets are a terrible mismatch. Michigan states are also a terrible mismatch. Plain (silver?) chrome is unnecessary unless you have some kind of grey in your scheme. And chrome logos on chrome helmets is insanely stupid and makes everything hard to read, rarely does it look good.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fresno looks like New Mexico with the grey pants, and the chrome domes are horrible.

Bowl games are making me realize just how many teams have chrome helmets now i cant wait until this fad dies...

I just wanna see it utilized better. Right now 95% of chrome helmets are chrome for chrome sake. When the colors match it looks a lot better as well, Vegas gold uniforms with gold chrome helmets are a terrible mismatch. Michigan states are also a terrible mismatch. Plain (silver?) chrome is unnecessary unless you have some kind of grey in your scheme. And chrome logos on chrome helmets is insanely stupid and makes everything hard to read, rarely does it look good.

I was so glad when Oregon dropped their all-chrome helmet in favor of just having chrome wings on a painted base. You could never fully see the wings unless in the proper lighting at the proper angle, which almost never occurs in game conditions. Teams should realize that not being able to see the design due to the chrome's reflectivity in most lighting conditions is a sign of a bad design choice. But then again, just like shiny objects attract birds, shiny helmets are supposed to attract players.

Western Kentucky looks like garbage in the Bahamas Bowl. They already look dated, they have a 2013 look in 2015.

But but but but it's still 2014!

But seriously, they're not as dated as Wake Forest looks. Yuck.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Washington is going with Chrome-white-white in the Cactus Bowl. I will have a picture later.

Do you have a source for that? I can't find it anywhere.

As for the look itself... I can live with it. I personally think the chrome helmets go better with the white jersey, but they shouldn't use them for night games like these. Should've gone with gold-white-white if they were going mono white at all.

Washington is going with Chrome-white-white in the Cactus Bowl. I will have a picture later.

Do you have a source for that? I can't find it anywhere.

As for the look itself... I can live with it. I personally think the chrome helmets go better with the white jersey, but they shouldn't use them for night games like these. Should've gone with gold-white-white if they were going mono white at all.

agree, chrome helmets at night look awful. Unless it's in a dome.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

GOOD NEWS: Syracuse will have orange jerseys and pants as options, as confirmed by DOC Gross in an interview

BAD NEWS: You see, Syracuse's season ended 3 weeks ago

Also, bad news: They'll still have that awful, Arizona-esque number font and overall template (I presume).

Still shocks me that a team called "The Orange" didn't actually wear anything primarily orange from the neck down.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It would be nice, with all these teams going to white helmets, if they would coordinate and not wear them against each other.

This is my fear when we play Texas on Monday. We've worn all-white on the road all season and we're the away team. It would be a shame if we were to wear the white helmets against one of the few teams known long term for white helmets.

Agreed on the last few posts. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw La Tech. Illinois could have worn the orange helnets and looked so much better. Now I want the Patriots to put their flying Elvis on that uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Agree with both teams wearing white helmets. Esp in this day and age of multiple helmets. Tech usually has red helmet.

-I see the field also had Tech's Joe Alliet Stadium endzone art. I'm guess Illinois has Memorial Stadium's endzone art too.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

It would be nice, with all these teams going to white helmets, if they would coordinate and not wear them against each other.

This is my fear when we play Texas on Monday. We've worn all-white on the road all season and we're the away team. It would be a shame if we were to wear the white helmets against one of the few teams known long term for white helmets.

+1. White helmets are the new BFBS, apparently. Rooting for a team known for white lids, my only exception is when both schools are known for it like when we used to play Texas in the old Big 12. But I agree completely that white helmets are getting to be overkill.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I've noticed while watching La Tech today that the alts feature two different nameplate fonts: Some are traditional athletic block and some/most are athletic block serif ala the Cowboys and 49ers. Also saw an "X" on the back of "Dixon"s uni that I've never seen an any font anywhere. I'll try to get a shot.

98Falcons.png

I hope they wear red as that is what they wore a majority of the time they played Texas in the past ?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived