College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Saw this on Twitter. You can see the white versions of the tOSU unis in the background

VlOfzJk.jpg

Crud. I like the winged helmets but I really wanted the O on the helmet, I think it's way better. Wings ain't bad but the O is iconic.

Oregon the only one with colored socks or is that because they are the only one to go mono ?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only problem with the new FSU logo is the feather sticking out of the circle. Otherwise it's a nice update. Similar to the Vikings.

If you look again it's actually not a circle. The new logo is now as tall as it is wide even with the feather. The old logo was more wide than tall.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

My biggest pet peeve with FSU is the new logo's hair. For 2/3 of the logo to be perfectly smooth and symmetrical and then the hair to be so subtly wavy, it bugs me to no end. I feel that it should be very apparent that it is asymmetrical or just follow the circle's curvature. Either would work. The current set up where it is so subtle just looks like a poorly drawn circle.

fsu_seminoles_logo_2014.gif

My biggest pet peeve with FSU is the new logo's hair. For 2/3 of the logo to be perfectly smooth and symmetrical and then the hair to be so subtly wavy, it bugs me to no end. I feel that it should be very apparent that it is asymmetrical or just follow the circle's curvature. Either would work. The current set up where it is so subtle just looks like a poorly drawn circle.

fsu_seminoles_logo_2014.gif

Yup me too. That and the feather looks sharp and modern which is a complete contrast to the rest of the logo. I feel like two different design teams tried to find middle ground and it resulted in this.

I'm working on getting a picture uploaded, but during halftime, ESPN used this logo for Louisiana Lafayette:c9p6tut1vg08hos41cworkegc.png

This is unusual since this is the logo for Lafayette College, located over a thousand miles away in Easton, Pennsylvania.

Not all that unusual....ESPN seems to make this mistake about once a year.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived