College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Ohio State showing the NFL division of Nike how to really do the Steelers stripe

To be fair to Nike, I think the reason the Steelers stripes look so much worse than Ohio State and Iowa isn't because Nike can't get it right for them, but because players in the NFL have more freedom to have their jerseys custom-tailored, and tend to go for the tightest fit possible, which FUBARs thicker stripes.

The reason the Steelers have messed up stripes is due to the Nike logo having to be on the sleeves. It being there pushes the stripes further down the sleeve, causing them to be distorted.

They could fit the stripes on the sleeves even with the Nike logo if either party really cared to. The Lions, Bills, Bears, and Browns manage to fit their stripes on most of their players' sleeves. The Steelers' stripes aren't that much bigger, and if they are then the easiest solution is just to downsize them slightly.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a great look, but I really wish they'd gone with the black TV numbers, like they did on the scarlet jersey. Its such a cool little quirk.

I love that little nod to the 1968 jerseys

Bruce-Jankowski.jpg

They even wore the black tv numbers as a throwback jersey in 1993 for the 25th anniversary. You can sort of see it on Joey Galloway here. Couldn't find a better picture.

300x325xgalloway_1993.jpg.pagespeed.ic.r

edit: found a better one

60031_LorenzoStyles932.JPG

I've done some digging and I can't find how OSU treated their white jerseys in 1968. The only good pictures I can find show black white jerseys with no striping and red numbers.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This was a great look, but I really wish they'd gone with the black TV numbers, like they did on the scarlet jersey. Its such a cool little quirk.

I love that little nod to the 1968 jerseys

Bruce-Jankowski.jpg

They even wore the black tv numbers as a throwback jersey in 1993 for the 25th anniversary. You can sort of see it on Joey Galloway here. Couldn't find a better picture.

300x325xgalloway_1993.jpg.pagespeed.ic.r

edit: found a better one

60031_LorenzoStyles932.JPG

I've done some digging and I can't find how OSU treated their white jerseys in 1968. The only good pictures I can find show black white jerseys with no striping and red numbers.

How about this one? bl009524.jpg

#32 definitely has black TV numbers.

0.jpg

Not sure about this one... it looks off. I thought the black numbers were only on the bicep, and they went red once they moved up to the shoulder.

These are the national championship game patches:

7-46416a_college_football_national_champ

2015_college_football_national_champions

That's a nice patch and all, but they'll just have to redesign it in about 95 years anyway. I'd rather have something with staying power.

Edit- NM, figured out what you were getting at.

That's a nice patch and all, but they'll just have to redesign it in about 95 years anyway. I'd rather have something with staying power.

I thought the same thing but then realized that the logo can be used until until 2110.

I thought the same thing but then realized that the logo can be used until until 2110.

Sorry for being slow, but why can they used this logo until 2110 and not beyond?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sorry for being slow, but why can they used this logo until 2110 and not beyond?

The football logo is used as a 0. 2111 will be the first year without a 0.

* Obligatory UCLA stripes gripe *

I guess Ucla is never wearing the gold pants with white ever again. Also, KState does purple pretty well.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

That was the best Ohio State and Oregon have looked in a long time. Alabama looked classic as always. FSU had the worst uniform of the 4, but I'm biased because I thought what they wore last year was classic.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I feel like UCLA's mono white doesn't get enough hate. How can you beat the white on gold?

It doesn't look bad, I just remember them back in the day with gold pants. UCLA was (arguably) the best dressed football school in the 80s and 90's IMO.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I'm late to the bowl topics, but Ga Tech looked like a new team, in the navy.

They should always wear navy for home games because they look so good in it. They need to go back to these:

tumblr_lt2ta71dSg1qhixboo1_400.jpg

Love these!!

Makes me slightly angry that they always wear white (same for LSU).

I feel like UCLA's mono white doesn't get enough hate. How can you beat the white on gold?

It doesn't look bad, I just remember them back in the day with gold pants. UCLA was (arguably) the best dressed football school in the 80s and 90's IMO.

I honestly don't like most mono white looks, and UCLA is somehow worse than most.

Helmets for the Semper Fi All American Game

B6H6pnHCEAAx-Ev.jpg

raised helmet decals. Twas only a matter of time.

What's next, puff embroidery?

Tough to see they are actually raised. Whereas BYU uses a raised Y on their black lids.

Y-1-copy.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived