Things that work in one sport, that wouldn't in another

johnnysama

I'm a straigt male, but I find absolutely nothing appealing about that photo. Did (do?) people really get off on watching girls hit each other while wearing underwear and protective equipment? IMO it's not hot at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

300 pound linemen pinch-running in baseball.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Re: Reducing the circumference of a basketball goal to one inch greater than the diameter of the ball: That would actually be pretty hilarious to see the guys try and dunk the ball and find out it doesn't fit.

Here's another bad idea: Basketball on ice.

UBwef0L.png

Logos on the front of jerseys. Clearly a hockey only thing. The attempts to duplicate it in basketball and football produced some really horrible results.

The Golden State Warriors and Denver Nuggets say otherwise.

Er...no... In fact they are a prime example of uniforms that would be (and it pains me to say it) greatly improved if they just used a simple wordmark plate....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Coaches wearing uniforms is the accepted tradition in baseball, but would look absurd in the basketball, hockey, or football.

Reminds me of this joke from George Carlin:

"In most sports the team is run by a coach; in baseball the team is run by a manager. And only in baseball does the manager or coach wear the same clothing the players do. If you'd ever seen John Madden in his Oakland Raiders uniform, you'd know the reason for this custom."

UBwef0L.png

Archived