All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

Final Four setup at AT&T Stadium. Move it back to arenas please.

BkRAY7mIgAAGJpl.jpg

Man, I can't even imagine what Wrestlemania would look like in that stadium.

Probably very similar, but with one endzones seats taken up by the entrance walkway and videoboard

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final Four setup at AT&T Stadium. Move it back to arenas please.

BkRAY7mIgAAGJpl.jpg

Man, I can't even imagine what Wrestlemania would look like in that stadium.

Probably very similar, but with one endzones seats taken up by the entrance walkway and videoboard

I'm wondering if WWE would just simply use traditional ringside seating instead of the added upper seats. I mean those added seats could make sightlines way better, but WWE seems to not do that no matter what.

6909.jpg

That's what it looked like for Wrestlemania 29. Looked a bit off.

bSLCtu2.png

Old Comiskey Park hosting Roller Games.

White_Sox_Park.jpg

That is one tiny rink.

Also I can't believe 50,118 people went to watch that.

There was plenty of extra space around the rink, wasn't there?

Reminds me of this . . . UCLA vs. Houston at the Astrodome.

UCLAUH-AstroDome.jpg

. . . or this . . . the Beatles at Shea Stadium.

1250446247617_f.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yankee Stadium NYCFC Soccer Config:

As for the soccer config, I have to say, I'm not cool with this.

It looks like someone getting hurt because of the impact to the field. This is going to SUCK.

"The Yankees will employ a system that allows for the pitcher's mound to be removed and replaced in a day's time."

Yeah, that's a good idea. Pay Tanaka all that money just so he can get hurt using a sub-par mound cause it has to be rebuilt every week for a damn soccer game. This is insane. Don't even get me started on all the bad hops this is going to cause.....

Anubis.png

qzJXRCb.jpg

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/04/21/new-york-city-fc-outline-details-plans-yankee-stadiums-baseball-soccer-conve

It looks like someone getting hurt because of the impact to the field. This is going to SUCK.

"The Yankees will employ a system that allows for the pitcher's mound to be removed and replaced in a day's time."

Yeah, that's a good idea. Pay Tanaka all that money just so he can get hurt using a sub-par mound cause it has to be rebuilt every week for a damn soccer game. This is insane. Don't even get me started on all the bad hops this is going to cause.....

It's no different than what they do at the Oakland colosseum or other football/baseball stadiums and you dont see them having problems. They arent going to rebuild it every time, they are going to lift it out of the ground and replace it with flat sod, and then remove the sod and put the mound back. It's not that big of a deal and no injuries should happen because of the playing surface that weren't already present.

Oakland doesn't turf the infield, and at worst football is only played once a week. It's a completely different scenario. And for what it's worth, they don't want to be sharing a venue either.

I'm not even excited about having to see soccer lines on the field during baseball games. This is a beautiful BASEBALL stadium. No reason to muck it up.

qzJXRCb.jpg
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/04/21/new-york-city-fc-outline-details-plans-yankee-stadiums-baseball-soccer-conve

It's no different than what they do at the Oakland colosseum or other football/baseball stadiums and you dont see them having problems. They arent going to rebuild it every time, they are going to lift it out of the ground and replace it with flat sod, and then remove the sod and put the mound back. It's not that big of a deal and no injuries should happen because of the playing surface that weren't already present.

Oakland and Toronto are the only ones left for good reason. Even Toronto will be single purpose by 2017. It simply doesn't work. The field won't be as good as it would be for a single use venue.

Oakland doesn't turf the infield, and at worst football is only played once a week. It's a completely different scenario. And for what it's worth, they don't want to be sharing a venue either.

I'm not even excited about having to see soccer lines on the field during baseball games. This is a beautiful BASEBALL stadium. No reason to muck it up.

Anubis.png

Not a single good seat in the house.

qzJXRCb.jpg

Terrible example, the Coliseum has plenty of problems and complaints from outfielders about the dead grass the football seats obscure and football players don't like playing on the infield dirt. .

qzJXRCb.jpg

Terrible example, the Coliseum has plenty of problems and complaints from outfielders about the dead grass the football seats obscure and football players don't like playing on the infield dirt. .

well you can clearly see they are going to sod over the infield dirt, also soccer does not do as much damage to a field as football does, it's a completely different game.

qzJXRCb.jpg

well you can clearly see they are going to sod over the infield dirt, also soccer does not do as much damage to a field as football does, it's a completely different game.

But you're still talking about sodding the field every week or two, on top of rebuilding the mound. You're telling me that isn't going to lead to bad hops and a subpar mound?

Anubis.png

Archived