Super Bowl XLIX Logo Unveiled

sportsfan0518

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JetLi_zpsfb28c359.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dolphindan do you realise what website you're on right now? This is a sports logos website, dedicated to small details and changes like this, because if we post them on Facebook, our friend count will suffer online and in life. We're going to talk about the Patriots dropping to a single shade of navy darker if it happened.

• 2 months later...

The regional artwork for SB XLIX has various shades of Purple, Orange and Gray...and some spectacular photography is included.

I'll post some things when I can...

Similar to the Phoenix Suns? I've been to Arizona several times and it's beautiful. One of the best vacation spots ever.

For the people who are still annoyed at the same generic logo every year, we still have this to look forward to every year. I know it's not the same as a different logo every year, but it's something.

The regional artwork for SB XLIX has various shades of Purple, Orange and Gray...and some spectacular photography is included.

Too bad the actual Super Bowl logo is spectacularly terrible, generic and corporate. The Super Bowl logo is something we all used to have a fetish over, but not anymore. Tragic.

I doubt that this will be the actaul logo but it is interesting that Minnesota went with a unique logo as apposed to the same template as previous years.

Super-Bowl-LII-Logo-20141-415x400.jpg

Pretty cool. Like the NBA All-Star game, the Super Bowl is too much of a big event to have generic template logos. Yes, they can be plain and simple, but they still need to each have something distinct about them.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I doubt that this will be the actaul logo but it is interesting that Minnesota went with a unique logo as apposed to the same template as previous years.

Super-Bowl-LII-Logo-20141-415x400.jpg

That's the logo for the bid committee. Soooooo there is no template for those.

gYH2mW9.png

SB49_Primary_Regional_date_rgb_zpsc3f660

Just a look at the National vs. the Regional logos

I might get flack for this or whatever, but if the NFL is going to continue using this template, then this is the way to do it right here. Add details of the host city and all is good. There's SOME uniqueness in the logo now, something that sets it apart from the others aside from the game number.

bSLCtu2.png

SB49_Primary_Regional_date_rgb_zpsc3f660

Just a look at the National vs. the Regional logos

I might get flack for this or whatever, but if the NFL is going to continue using this template, then this is the way to do it right here. Add details of the host city and all is good. There's SOME uniqueness in the logo now, something that sets it apart from the others aside from the game number.

True, and this style looks really clean on the jerseys. It'd be cool to combine the two: market the game with the unique logo (like the 52 logo) then slap the Lombardi logo on the jerseys.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

So that NY/NJ regional logo wasn't a one off. I guess if we are stuck with this logo system I'm glad they added something unique to it. The national version will always be terrible so no change there, but the additions to the regional is nice. Good to see them change those up because the stadium alone doesn't really represent the region. Looking forward to SB 50 logo with the Golden Gate bridge and Levi's stadium.

Archived