NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Is it an unpopular opinion to have loved the black 76ers uniforms? I just found they gave they team more character, also lots of good memories for me (which obviously is somewhat conflictual to as if I just liked them without the associated success, but I don't think the opinion would have changed).

I understand the logo they use now has tradition, etc. but ever since the switch the team just seems boring identity wise.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Modernized? Sixers uniforms are way too plain.

You realize the current ones are modern versions of the uniforms from 30 years ago, right? The only difference is the home number is red instead of blue.

That's a bit of a stretch. You also forgot to mention the god awful collars on the current, the armpit stripe, and the lack of outline on the name and numbers. The final product is far from the uni's of 30 years ago. The current Sixer uniform is quite possibly the worst in the NBA.

sixers-1983-uniforms.jpg > Michael-CW-Howard-Smith.jpg

90758391980.gif

Modernized? Sixers uniforms are way too plain.

You realize the current ones are modern versions of the uniforms from 30 years ago, right? The only difference is the home number is red instead of blue.

That's a bit of a stretch. You also forgot to mention the god awful collars on the current, the armpit stripe, and the lack of outline on the name and numbers. The final product is far from the uni's of 30 years ago. The current Sixer uniform is quite possibly the worst in the NBA.

Michael-CW-Howard-Smith.jpg

I disagree. One of the best in the NBA. Solid design. Understated and not falling to trends. Sad to see them go.

I loved their look before they updated the script and made the shoulders wide.

tumblr_mmr3eeq6oa1rwdaz4o1_r1_400.jpg vs. ai.png

All they had to do was give this era of jerseys the traditional color scheme and it would've been amazing. As it was, it was a really good look - but not a good look for the Sixers.

I'm glad they're moving away from their current uniforms, because they're as bland and uninspired as it gets. Minimalism gone wrong.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Is it me or the Sixers can't go five years without redesigning their uniforms?

/looks at team page on the mothership

That confirms it. I mean, what they have now isn't the best, but it would be nice for them to stay consistent for once.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

This is for the 2015 season, technically, but I hate threads getting started that far out.

The Sixers will unveil new uniforms for the 2015 season:

http://interstate76ers.com/2014/05/sixers-76ers-new-uniforms-2015/

I hope this time they fix the most important part that they missed last time....the darn logo.

The logo is a classic but i do hope they would tweak it a little. Keep the script but maybe incorporate the building in the logo, kind of like this:

CZWVyBy.jpg

There is no universe in which the current Sixers uniform can be considered a modernization of the 80s set. The only thing it has in common is the fonts, but the overall look is totally different. They went for minimalist, but instead of cool modern minimalism, they just got a plain low-budget rec-league look. The only thing modern is the trim, which totally clashes with the traditionalness of the fonts.

1. I don't know who or what that source is, but I would not put even 0.01% credence into that report. Anyone can tweet out anything. When a legitimate writer reports it, then OK.

2. It wouldn't shock me if the new uniforms featured a modified wordmark that read "NEW JERSEY" instead of "SIXERS".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There is no universe in which the current Sixers uniform can be considered a modernization of the 80s set. The only thing it has in common is the fonts, but the overall look is totally different. They went for minimalist, but instead of cool modern minimalism, they just got a plain low-budget rec-league look. The only thing modern is the trim, which totally clashes with the traditionalness of the fonts.

1. I don't know who or what that source is, but I would not put even 0.01% credence into that report. Anyone can tweet out anything. When a legitimate writer reports it, then OK.

2. It wouldn't shock me if the new uniforms featured a modified wordmark that read "NEW JERSEY" instead of "SIXERS".

Um... Vet, New Jersey?

Um... Vet, New Jersey?

Vet thinks the 76ers are moving to New Jersey. Which isn't entirely out there, considering that the guy who owns the 76ers also owns the New Jersey Devils.

Archived