Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple thoughts re: the logos I posted.

They are labeled as official decals - but why is the new one so much smaller? They wouldn't do a collegiate style reward sticker, a la Buckeyes, would they? Seems like a move Schiano would've instituted but Lovie Smith would laugh away.

It is a solid redesign of Bruce. A lot depends on application. What made Bucs uniforms so great were traditional formats (in terms of template and design) but unique colors.

MOD EDIT They're clearly someone's concept.

Why would Schiano do pride stickers in the NFL? He didn't do them at Rutgers.

Did you really believe these were the real decals because they were labeled as "official" on ebay? The only "official" part about them is the thickness of the decal.

MOD EDIT

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I actually like the white on white look for the Buccaneers. The red jersey on white pants not so much. But white on white to me is clean and simple and a solid alternate look to their already great uniform

AR-130909957.jpg

That is the worst look in the NFL, VERY drab and VERY ugly.

I don't think it is the worst look, but is not very good. I am a fan of dark helmet paired with dark pants.

spacer.png

Had they even discovered chrome yet in the pirate era? Most of the historic depictions I've seen of pirate ships lack any sort of chrome.whatsoever. It doesn't really fit the theme.

i think it could be a nice touch on the swords. or reflect that somehow. im not going to make any judgements until i actually see something i can judge

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I really dont see them going back to white helmets to try and bring back the throwbacks. This is mainly because they have sapp advertising this and he has stated many times that the old uniforms were the "yucks" and i dont think he would be advertising in so much support like this if it was back to the orange unis

I am very curious how Nike will work with the imagery of the Buccaneers. If you look at their redesigns, they typically incorporate either some sort of literal interpretation of the mascot (sail numbers on Vikings, wings for Oregon), or imagery of the area (Totem images for Seattle, military images for Jacksonville).

If we think of pirate imagery, the idea of weathered and tattered comes to mind.

I just hope the Bucs don't end up with some sort of ragged edges on the stripes or numerals.

I wasted money on that Revis jersey. I was stupid to think all the merchandise was half off just to encourage sales with such low attendance.

This is not a needed change at all. Very few teams get it right the first time, and the Bucs actually did. No changes needed. But the reason the change is coming is all financial based. The Glazers know the fans are not there in the numbers they want, so they are make changes to encourage/force people to buy new gear and make money that way.

Lightning did the same thing. Except their change was because the owner wanted to create his own mark along with Yzerman thinking it's the Red Wings.

2ly2w09.jpg

I wasted money on that Revis jersey. I was stupid to think all the merchandise was half off just to encourage sales with such low attendance.

This is not a needed change at all. Very few teams get it right the first time, and the Bucs actually did. No changes needed. But the reason the change is coming is all financial based. The Glazers know the fans are not there in the numbers they want, so they are make changes to encourage/force people to buy new gear and make money that way.

Lightning did the same thing. Except their change was because the owner wanted to create his own mark along with Yzerman thinking it's the Red Wings.

I think you mean the second time.

spacer.png

I can see this going very wrong, or being a lateral move. If thats the case, they should have scrapped this in the early stages. I hope they keep the pewter but roughen it up just a tiny bit, like the Rutgers example that's being brought up a lot, and use a sword-like chrome for the facemasks with some weathering where the facemask meets the helmet. Then, make the silver/gray in the logo decal into chrome and call it a day. If they feel like the logo outline should be chrome too, thats fine, but not needed. Doing anything more than that will be a downgrade unless they've thought of something I didn't. A white or black helmet would be a mistake.

I like the thought of the Bucco Bruce updated but 1) that one is clearly a rip-off of the LA Kings' burger king logo, and 2) it's horribly rendered. If you have that much orange and red touching without white or black in between, it will look like a fiery blob from any distance. That's not offical.

And once again, there has been no indication at all that the new helmet will be white. We were told it would be a "chrome grill," that's all. People speculated it would be white so they could still wear the creamsicle throwbacks, but this helmet has been in the works for over a year and that rule didn't come into play until October.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Rarely does a franchise rebrand themselves from a previously great color combo and and logo set to another great color combo and logo set. The creamsicle set was fantastic, and their current pewter look is also fantastic. I am curious to see where the franchise goes from here.

I heard a rumor that the helmet will have a chrome facemask, a la Oregon Ducks.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I really dont see them going back to white helmets to try and bring back the throwbacks. This is mainly because they have sapp advertising this and he has stated many times that the old uniforms were the "yucks" and i dont think he would be advertising in so much support like this if it was back to the orange unis

That's a good point, but I can't put much faith in Sapp's personal opinions on this. He is obviously being used as a spokesman for the organization in this case, and as airtight as they've been regarging any leaks, I'm sure they have him reigned in pretty tight as far as saying exactly what the Bucs want him to say and nothing more. This is the Bucs speaking through Sapp, and not Sapp speaking on his own.

I actually like the white on white look for the Buccaneers. The red jersey on white pants not so much. But white on white to me is clean and simple and a solid alternate look to their already great uniform

AR-130909957.jpg

Agreed. I like that look. Very clean.

I agree too. Although they should change the font to look less like the falcons.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

What? The font looks nothing like the Falcons. I really don't get any of the falcons comparisons that keep coming up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What? The font looks nothing like the Falcons. I really don't get any of the falcons comparisons that keep coming up.

It doesn't look like it, but it reminds me of it. A radical font like their practice jerseys would fix that, but that wouldn't necessarily look good, that's why I think they need to just stick to pewter pants.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

Archived