New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

You guys are aware that Wincraft has new helmet stuff up, right?

02752115.jpg

Off-topic, but I love that plaque. Apparently it's something new that Wincraft has introduced. I was all fired up to buy the Bengals version, but then I find it on their site and this is what it looks like. Why...WHY...would they put black stripes down the middle of the first helmet? How does a major company screw something up like that??

Sorry, but no sale for me.

I've been checking out the various teams, and while I haven't found another mistake like this, their choice of historical helmets leaves something to be desired with some teams. Great idea, so-so execution.

02757115.jpg

Are there other teams that have those stripes when they shouldn't be? Maybe the Vikings, Bears or Seahawks?

HONESTLY

I don't think that's a stripe. I believe it's the middle piece off an old helmet, which was raised above the rest of the shell. I believe it is just the side of it, thus the shadow, since it's from a dark perspective with light coming from above. So I believe that is not a stripe whatsoever (screw as point as to middle piece) and that helmet is in fact historically accurate.

Peace

*mic drop*

I think everyone's aware that it's the old middle ridge. It's just the artist has defined it so much that it looks like a black stripe, which they never wore. Plus, if you look at the Browns helmet above that their brown stripe is as pronounced as the Bengals' "shadow". I wouldn't buy it for that reason (along with a few others) either.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope that since the Browns went to a darker orange that the Bengals would go to a lighter orange. They are 2 teams with very similar color schemes, in the same division. I think differentiating their similar color would go a long way... especially now since the Broncos are pushing orange instead of navy. I think this is the reason why the Dolphins moved to the teal and blue emphasis and de-emphasizing the orange.

02752115.jpg

Off-topic, but I love that plaque. Apparently it's something new that Wincraft has introduced. I was all fired up to buy the Bengals version, but then I find it on their site and this is what it looks like. Why...WHY...would they put black stripes down the middle of the first helmet? How does a major company screw something up like that??

I've been checking out the various teams, and while I haven't found another mistake like this, their choice of historical helmets leaves something to be desired with some teams. Great idea, so-so execution.

02757115.jpg

Are there other teams that have those stripes when they shouldn't be? Maybe the Vikings, Bears or Seahawks?

HONESTLY

I don't think that's a stripe. I believe it's the middle piece off an old helmet, which was raised above the rest of the shell. I believe it is just the side of it, thus the shadow, since it's from a dark perspective with light coming from above. So I believe that is not a stripe whatsoever (screw as point as to middle piece) and that helmet is in fact historically accurate.

Peace

*mic drop*

Pick the mic up and look again. If it were a shadow, it wouldn't be casting on BOTH sides of the ridge. I'm not going to clutter the thread with more images, because I already regret derailing a thread about the Browns, but here are four other teams for comparison, none of which are casting the black "shadow" on either side of the ridge, much less both sides. Any change in color due to lighting on these is centered in line with the rivet, not on each side of it.

http://www.wincraft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02768115.jpg

http://www.wincraft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02751115.jpg

http://www.wincraft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02892115.jpg

http://www.wincraft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02762115.jpg

Am I the only one that doesn't like the time span of the helmet progressions, granted the new designs have really picked up the pace in recent years but the eras represented are just odd.

• 1940's leather
  • 1960's plastic 2 bar mask
  • 1990's vsr4
  • 2000's revo
  • 2010's revo speed

There's a glaring gap of the 1950's and 70's-80's which had some distinct shells & masks. Revo and speed images are somewhat redundant as there's still enough overlap to consider them the same era.

02752115.jpg

02757115.jpg

HONESTLY

Peace

*mic drop*

Pick the mic up and look again. If it were a shadow, it wouldn't be casting on BOTH sides of the ridge. I'm not going to clutter the thread with more images, because I already regret derailing a thread about the Browns, but here are four other teams for comparison, none of which are casting the black "shadow" on either side of the ridge, much less both sides. Any change in color due to lighting on these is centered in line with the rivet, not on each side of it.

http://www.wincraft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02768115.jpg

http://www.wincraft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02751115.jpg

http://www.wincraft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02892115.jpg

http://www.wincraft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02762115.jpg

The Bears with the orange C and gray face mask has the wrong style of face mask, too.

I would hope that since the Browns went to a darker orange that the Bengals would go to a lighter orange. They are 2 teams with very similar color schemes, in the same division. I think differentiating their similar color would go a long way... especially now since the Broncos are pushing orange instead of navy. I think this is the reason why the Dolphins moved to the teal and blue emphasis and de-emphasizing the orange.

The Bengals are decked out in Tiger stripes head to knee. I think that's enough of a differentiation from the other teams that use orange. They shouldn't have to change oranges just because the Browns made the decision to change theirs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Bengals are decked out in Tiger stripes head to knee. I think that's enough of a differentiation from the other teams that use orange. They shouldn't have to change oranges just because the Browns made the decision to change theirs.

And of course, they're supposed to have similar color schemes...the Bengals being the child or little half brother of the Browns (with the Ravens being the bastard child / evil clone)

I understand that, but the colors are still very similar. In recent years, the monstrosity that is the Bengals uniforms mix black stripes on orange planes, orange stripes on white planes, and everything in between. So the uniforms aren't just a solid orange plane with black stripes around the shoulders and down the pants.

The Browns and Bengals oranges were nearly the same and the Browns' version of brown was so close to black, that from a distance, they look similar. I think it is nothing but a good thing for the Browns and Bengals to differentiate there oranges... one lighter, one darker. They are 2 teams, in the same division that hard nearly the same exact color pallet. It is a good thing that there colors are diverging.

Yes, the Browns have traditional uniforms (for now) and the Bengals have probably the ugliest moderns uniforms in history... so that helps differentiate. But the visuals from a distance are very, very similar.

And I think the last thing the Bengals are likely to do is change their colors in a reaction to a change on the part of their rival. That just doesn't look good.

Only way that happens is if the league tells them to. I'm pretty confident that wouldn't happen.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Browns announced the uniform unveiling will be a two-hour "orange carpet event" from 6-8 p.m. April 14 at the Cleveland Convention Center. The second hour of the event will be streamed on ClevelandBrowns.com and also air on local TV in Cleveland in that time slot on WEWS, the team's new TV partner.

Mortal Kombat X comes out the same day. So Browns fan if this reveal ends up making you angry, feel free to rip some characters head off to vent.

They're still making Mortal Kombat games??? :blink:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Am I the only one that doesn't like the time span of the helmet progressions, granted the new designs have really picked up the pace in recent years but the eras represented are just odd.

• 1940's leather
  • 1960's plastic 2 bar mask
  • 1990's vsr4
  • 2000's revo
  • 2010's revo speed

There's a glaring gap of the 1950's and 70's-80's which had some distinct shells & masks. Revo and speed images are somewhat redundant as there's still enough overlap to consider them the same era.

Probably a Riddell licensing issue - Wincraft is using Riddell helmets in these signs.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

02752115.jpg

02757115.jpg

HONESTLY

Peace

*mic drop*

I think everyone's aware that it's the old middle ridge. It's just the artist has defined it so much that it looks like a black stripe, which they never wore. Plus, if you look at the Browns helmet above that their brown stripe is as pronounced as the Bengals' "shadow". I wouldn't buy it for that reason (along with a few others) either.

Ya everyone HAS its to be aware it's a shadow since they are talking about it being a stripe and not a shadow. Smug.

Archived