New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Perhaps this has been mentioned already (I haven't seen it), but does the new logo itself provide the strongest evidence of a wider helmet stripe? It's seen in the profile helmet graphics as well, but the 3/4 view, with the new logo essentially being a tracing/refinement of the old. By overlaying the two, the width of the brown portions of the stripe are slightly, but clearly, wider in 2015:

browns_helmet_comparison.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are aware that Wincraft has new helmet stuff up, right?

02752115.jpg

Off-topic, but I love that plaque. Apparently it's something new that Wincraft has introduced. I was all fired up to buy the Bengals version, but then I find it on their site and this is what it looks like. Why...WHY...would they put black stripes down the middle of the first helmet? How does a major company screw something up like that??

Sorry, but no sale for me.

I've been checking out the various teams, and while I haven't found another mistake like this, their choice of historical helmets leaves something to be desired with some teams. Great idea, so-so execution.

02757115.jpg

I fail to see what's "trendy" about the new Browns font. If anything, it actually looks like a font that Filmotype or a similar foundry would have designed in the '50s, which is the perfect aesthetic for an "old-school" franchise like the Browns. People are complaining just to complain at this point.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

02752115.jpg

Off-topic, but I love that plaque. Apparently it's something new that Wincraft has introduced. I was all fired up to buy the Bengals version, but then I find it on their site and this is what it looks like. Why...WHY...would they put black stripes down the middle of the first helmet? How does a major company screw something up like that??

I've been checking out the various teams, and while I haven't found another mistake like this, their choice of historical helmets leaves something to be desired with some teams. Great idea, so-so execution.

02757115.jpg

Are there other teams that have those stripes when they shouldn't be? Maybe the Vikings, Bears or Seahawks?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Browns announced the uniform unveiling will be a two-hour "orange carpet event" from 6-8 p.m. April 14 at the Cleveland Convention Center. The second hour of the event will be streamed on ClevelandBrowns.com and also air on local TV in Cleveland in that time slot on WEWS, the team's new TV partner.

Perhaps this has been mentioned already (I haven't seen it), but does the new logo itself provide the strongest evidence of a wider helmet stripe? It's seen in the profile helmet graphics as well, but the 3/4 view, with the new logo essentially being a tracing/refinement of the old. By overlaying the two, the width of the brown portions of the stripe are slightly, but clearly, wider in 2015:

browns_helmet_comparison.jpg

It looks like the brown stripes will be slightly thicker and white stay the same. It definitely looks more drastic on the side-view.

I was hoping for something like this:

New-Orange-Oregon-State-Helmet-2.jpg

I fail to see what's "trendy" about the new Browns font. If anything, it actually looks like a font that Filmotype or a similar foundry would have designed in the '50s, which is the perfect aesthetic for an "old-school" franchise like the Browns. People are complaining just to complain at this point.

Welcome to the internet.

02752115.jpg

02757115.jpg

JungleJim, wasn't there a vinatge Bengals hat that had this exact same problem?? I remember there was a post a couple of years ago where the phantom stripes were added, and we concluded the stripes were added to emphasize the middle ridge of the helmet...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yep, I was in on that discussion and I think it was Reebok that used that logo on shirts and caps. I didn't really understand it then, either. IIRC some were of the opinion that they were just outlining the center ridge, but other teams didn't have it, so I think it just incorrect.

So did the Browns and Bengals trade oranges?

It was discussed before that the Browns and Bengals always had the same shade of orange, even though sometimes it appeared different. The orange in the last Bengals helmet in that pic above does look lighter than the previous ones though.

02752115.jpg

02757115.jpg

Are there other teams that have those stripes when they shouldn't be? Maybe the Vikings, Bears or Seahawks?

HONESTLY

I don't think that's a stripe. I believe it's the middle piece off an old helmet, which was raised above the rest of the shell. I believe it is just the side of it, thus the shadow, since it's from a dark perspective with light coming from above. So I believe that is not a stripe whatsoever (screw as point as to middle piece) and that helmet is in fact historically accurate.

Peace

*mic drop*

Archived