New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Sorry to annoy for one more post, but I went ahead and emailed them:

d50JIzw.png

Now I'll switch to the Browns topic. I think the helmet will be exactly the same other than the color changes and the slightly wider brown stripes. I don't think they'll go matte. I think they'll make some modifications to the jersey but it will still be brown and they'll probably go back to orange pants.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d50JIzw.png

Now I'll switch to the Browns topic. I think the helmet will be exactly the same other than the color changes and the slightly wider brown stripes. I don't think they'll go matte. I think they'll make some modifications to the jersey but it will still be brown and they'll probably go back to orange pants.

I'm standing by my prediction that Haslam is really going to put his stamp on this franchise.

Everything the Browns have put out in their recent marketing features orange as the dominant color. For example, when they signed Dwayne Bowe, they announced it with his picture and an orange background.

Then there are the Haslam/Tennessee ties.

I remain convinced Cleveland is switching to an orange primary home uniform. I think there will be a pair of brown pants and a pair of white pants, with orange/orange/brown being the primary home look, orange/white/white being the primary away look, and orange/brown/brown being the alternate.

The orange will bring an energy to the home games that is sorely missing in the gloomy city, like the transformation that happened when Denver switched to orange and their crowd became absolutely electric, especially in prime time.

The players loved the all brown look and they had some nice wins in them, it would make sense to keep it for prime time. But I really think orange is taking front and center in Cleveland now.

d50JIzw.png

I'm standing by my prediction that Haslam is really going to put his stamp on this franchise.

Everything the Browns have put out in their recent marketing features orange as the dominant color. For example, when they signed Dwayne Bowe, they announced it with his picture and an orange background.

I remain convinced Cleveland is switching to an orange primary home uniform. I think there will be a pair of brown pants and a pair of white pants, with orange/orange/brown being the primary home look, orange/white/white being the primary away look, and orange/brown/brown being the alternate.

The orange will bring an energy to the home games that is sorely missing in the gloomy city, like the transformation that happened when Denver switched to orange and their crowd became absolutely electric, especially in prime time.

The players loved the all brown look and they had some nice wins in them, it would make sense to keep it for prime time. But I really think orange is taking front and center in Cleveland now.

Good God I hope not. IMO,I like the Browns in the brown jerseys, the orange should be the alternate. If Haslem changes the primary jersey color (and everyone was ripping the organization for the "logo change"), the people here will riot, or complain, whichever comes first.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Just a reminder... When the complete waste of time logo unveil happened, shortly thereafter, Browns Prsident Alec Schiener said that the logos stuck more traditional and conservative, but the uniforms will be a bigger change than the logos were.

Remember, Schiener said "We really listened to our fans. They wanted the logos to remain the same or slightly changed, but wanted modern, new, fresh, updated uniforms." Which as we all know, was completely backwards. We wanted cool, modern, new logos and minimal changes to the uniform.

So like what if the did a logo based on Grover Cleveland? Logo could be modeled after the statue in Downtown Cleveland, which given its color, could be depicted in the color brown.

Imagine ...what better way to represent the Cleveland Browns than Cleveland ...in Brown. Woozah *MIND BLOWN*

Gen._Moses_Cleaveland_by_James_G._C._Ham

NYCdog.png

d50JIzw.png

First off... are you from Cleveland? Because if you are you can probably get away with the "gloomy city" stuff... if it's your town you can call it whatever you want. Otherwise, you should probably knock it off.

As for the rest...

You may be right about orange becoming the new jersey color. It wouldn't exactly surprise me. But I think its a mistake to base that opinion on the color of press conference backdrops or website banners. Orange has always been strongly represented in the Browns' color scheme. I think if you look through the history of those marketing/branding examples in past seasons, you'd see a lot of orange then, too. I can see why, from the standpoint of grabbing an audiences attention, a designer would choose orange over brown for a website, or a news release, or other promotional material. I would. But that doesn't necessarily mean they'll go there with the jersey.

Plus, the fans will go apespit. And not in a good way.

So like what if the did a logo based on Grover Cleveland? Logo could be modeled after the statue in Downtown Cleveland, which given its color, could be depicted in the color brown.

Imagine ...what better way to represent the Cleveland Browns than Cleveland ...in Brown. Woozah *MIND BLOWN*

First, the city is named after Moses Cleaveland.

That statue is of Moses Cleaveland. The reason the city's name is Cleveland instead of Cleaveland can be thanks to the first newspaper who had ordered a typeset that, when spelled out, made CLEAVELAND too big for the header. So, they truncated the A out of it so it would fit.

Also, no affiliation with the president. He was from Connecticut and plotted out Connecticut's Western Reserve. (trivia note, Cleveland was originally part of Connecticut).

Source?

I recall a bunch of their players excitedly tweeting about the brown pants the last time they wore them with the brown uniforms.

d50JIzw.png

First off... are you from Cleveland? Because if you are you can probably get away with the "gloomy city" stuff... if it's your town you can call it whatever you want. Otherwise, you should probably knock it off.

As for the rest...

You may be right about orange becoming the new jersey color. It wouldn't exactly surprise me. But I think its a mistake to base that opinion on the color of press conference backdrops or website banners. Orange has always been strongly represented in the Browns' color scheme. I think if you look through the history of those marketing/branding examples in past seasons, you'd see a lot of orange then, too. I can see why, from the standpoint of grabbing an audiences attention, a designer would choose orange over brown for a website, or a news release, or other promotional material. I would. But that doesn't necessarily mean they'll go there with the jersey.

I am not from Cleveland, but only meant gloomy in terms of the weather there. Every time I've been it seemed like it was cloudy and either snowing or raining. And again, I get it, but if brown was going to still be a major part in the branding, I'd expect to see it utilized more. Pretty telling IMO that the new secondary logo is primarily orange with brown accents.

I also think the comments about wanting to be more marketable to younger fans points to the death of brown as a primary. Bright colors are really in right now in trends with the youngins.

d50JIzw.png

As for the rest...

Well... In the football aspect if the city, Cleveland is gloomy, but it's a very lively city. We're all getting out of winter so if it isn't gloomy in the where aspect here, we're all happy.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

d50JIzw.png

As for the rest...

Well... In the football aspect if the city, Cleveland is gloomy, but it's a very lively city. We're all getting out of winter so if it isn't gloomy in the where aspect here, we're all happy.

I didn't realize football season is right after winter.

First, the city is named after Moses Cleaveland.

That statue is of Moses Cleaveland. The reason the city's name is Cleveland instead of Cleaveland can be thanks to the first newspaper who had ordered a typeset that, when spelled out, made CLEAVELAND too big for the header. So, they truncated the A out of it so it would fit.

Also, no affiliation with the president. He was from Connecticut and plotted out Connecticut's Western Reserve. (trivia note, Cleveland was originally part of Connecticut).

I don't care, this is hilarious. This is unintentionally hilarious. I would love to see someone make a Grover Cleveland Browns concept. MIND = BLOWN

Tf9TG.jpg

It's never not football season in Cleveland.

Also, did you see the part with the email where Wincraft themselves called it a stripe?

I have not seen said email.

It was in the post you quoted.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived