New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DonteWhitner: Best jerseys in the league! Hands down! 9 different color combos!

@DonteWhitner: All I can say is that I saw the New Jersey and cleveland you will be proud!

9? That seems to confirm we'll see an orange helmet, with orange/brown/white options for both jerseys and pants. (Unless a separate neutral color is thrown in the mix.)

I'm willing to bet on gray being a pant color option.

I am too. Now the real question is: which gets kicked to the curb in its stead, brown or orange?

My guess is brown. I still feel that they are de-emphasizing brown.

My guess is Brown, White and Orange for both Jersey and Pant. That is 9 possible combos which Whinter stated. If Gray was being added to the actual uniform why remove it from the helmet and also if you have seen the logo slick released with the "new logo" it only lists 3 colors for the team and Gray isn't one of them.

Matte orange helmets look awful. Satin works and makes sense for Cleveland but I'm thinking we might see something more like Oregon State's finish.

New-Orange-Oregon-State-Helmet-1.jpg

Now you're talkin'... Sign me up for that finish on the new lids.

What is that finish? Candy?

that might be Riddell's orange version of their "lightning" paint.. i've mentioned it before in another topic, but their "lightning" paints are the closest they can come to "chrome" finishes using only paint.. much more cost-effective for teams looking for something more chrome-like as it only costs about $20/helmet to have them repainted, but it costs about $500/helmet to have the chrome finishes applied.. clearly, it's not super close to chrome, but it's a better finish option than gloss, satin, metallic, or matte if you're looking for the same "POP" that you'd get from chrome...

i still think they'd look sharp if they went with something similar to Illinois' satin orange lids, but that's just my two cents..

Matte orange helmets look awful. Satin works and makes sense for Cleveland but I'm thinking we might see something more like Oregon State's finish.

Reminds me too much of those orange, Tootsie Pops:

1.jpg

I've seen a lot of ridiculous reaches on here, but you sir, take the cake (errrrrrrrr, lollipop)

Here's some different combos:

qOHz80F.jpg

There is a lack on white used in the stripes and for that reason, I go not like this look.

I agree. There should be one white stripe to break up the duotone effect that isn't working here. Or two if you reverse the orange/white.

After seeing the satin helmet from Oregon and the Vikings. THAT is my favorite style helmet.

• Satin
  • Matte
  • Gloss
  • Metallic/Sparkle
  • Chrome

The Vikings helmet was released as matte during the official unveiling. Not satin.

"A modern representation of Nordic culture combined with the Vikings long-standing football tradition, the new design provides a modern twist on the classic Vikings uniforms. Features include a matte purple helmet with a black facemask, a refreshed, brighter gold accent, unique new font and numbers featuring curves that reflect the bow of a Vikings ship, and single gold and white stripes on the shoulders and pants reminiscent of early Vikings uniforms."

And if Nike says the new orange represents the passion of Cleveland Browns fans, do you believe that, too? The Vikings' finish is clearly different than a regular matte helmet.

Exactly. Nike-speak is like the Ministry of Truth. Half you can completely disregard and the other half you need to peel away the layers of bull :censored: to get to what they really mean. The big difference being thag the Thought Police don't send you to Room 101 for questioning Nike...yet :P:upside:

Now you're talkin'... Sign me up for that finish on the new lids.

What is that finish? Candy?

that might be Riddell's orange version of their "lightning" paint.. i've mentioned it before in another topic, but their "lightning" paints are the closest they can come to "chrome" finishes using only paint.. much more cost-effective for teams looking for something more chrome-like as it only costs about $20/helmet to have them repainted, but it costs about $500/helmet to have the chrome finishes applied.. clearly, it's not super close to chrome, but it's a better finish option than gloss, satin, metallic, or matte if you're looking for the same "POP" that you'd get from chrome...

i still think they'd look sharp if they went with something similar to Illinois' satin orange lids, but that's just my two cents..

I don't think osu is riddell exclusive so that would make a riddell specific finish less likely. Schutt had a candy finish that gave off a chrome-ish effect way back in the late 90's as well. I think northwestern used it.

Reminds me too much of those orange, Tootsie Pops:

1.jpg

I've seen a lot of ridiculous reaches on here, but you sir, take the cake (errrrrrrrr, lollipop)

Yeah they got the inspiration for these helmets from orange tootsie pops and black licorice for the facemask..

Licorice-Whells-11.jpg

come on you cant really be serious with that comment, i seriously shake my head and close the tab for this site when people make ridiculous "out there" comments like that

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived