New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still shocked that so many people like Seattle's uniforms.

Personally, I think they're as bad as the Jags and Bucs.

I agree.

There's at least one glaring problem with each set. Jags: that damn helmet. Bucs: The number font (and I really don't like the differing sleeve logos). Seattle: The numbers are gaudy, the gray is pointless, and I think the dumb pattern should be a matching size across all applications.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

For me it's the pacific northwest tribal inspiration. They may not be perfect, but they are unique and cohesive.

The Bucs and Jags look like they took a template and filled in random shapes. No purpose...

For me it's the pacific northwest tribal inspiration. They may not be perfect, but they are unique and cohesive.

The Bucs and Jags look like they took a template and filled in random shapes. No purpose...

Exactly even though I will not blow the trumpet for Seattle & Minnesota at least there was a purpose for the designs. There are flaws in both but at least it looks ok... The Bucs & Jags uniforms really have no purpose at all it really shows the lack of vision in both franchises right now....

Yep. And it was said that Khan and the Glazers had a heavy hand in both.

That's why I'm all for giving creative control to Nike 100%. As far as I'm aware, only Denver and Seattle have, and they have the two most unique uniforms in the NFL which follow a theme perfectly (granted, Denver could probably use an update, but the theme was awesome and executed well for a decade)

That's why I'm all for giving creative control to Nike 100%. As far as I'm aware, only Denver and Seattle have, and they have the two most unique uniforms in the NFL which follow a theme perfectly (granted, Denver could probably use an update, but the theme was awesome and executed well for a decade)

2015 will be the 19th season for the current Broncos design (granted the navy and orange jerseys have switched, but the design's the same).

19 seasons of that design also reminds me I'm getting old.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You can't blame NIKE specifically. It also comes down to the teams to, they have to sign off on the final design.

That being said yes, basing your opinion on what you "heard" is all well and good. But until you see the actual design it does not make sense.

My personal opinion is NIKE hit on some design elements of recent upgrades and obviously fell short in others.

Could they and the Browns put it all together and have a flawless uniform.

No.

But they could come up with somthing simple, classic and timeless.

We shall see.

2015 will be the 19th season for the current Broncos design (granted the navy and orange jerseys have switched, but the design's the same).

19 seasons of that design also reminds me I'm getting old.

Oh I know, but 2007-9 is right around the time they started looking dated. Then they switched to orange and it no longer embodies the original theme of the redesign, so it's just a mess IMO.

Anything the Browns do to the uniforms will be considered "Ducks" or radical.

I don't think they are going to be bad.

But we shall see.

To be totally honest, if they are anything like the Ducks I'd be more than happy with it.

The Ducks have actually figured it out in my opinion. I honestly feel that they have been extremely successful with most, if not all of their most recent uniform and helmet designs in the past couple of years. I hated the monstrosities of years past, but absolutely love what they've done as of late....its just too bad that they have such a negative reputation that seems to negate their most recent uniform successes.

So how soon after they unveil these beauties will one be able to procure one?

Maybe within a month depending on when they go on sale. They could go on sale online and ship within "4-6 weeks" . OR you could probably buy a jersey in person at one of the NFL retailers soon afterward

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Nike + Trendy + Browns is not something that I cannot for the life of me imagine being beautiful. Their last set would have been perfect with orange pants and the new helmet.

spacer.png

the casual fans love the new Bucs uniforms, the Dolphins uniform is seen as a universal upgrade, and that with most people under 25 who even casually follow the sport, the Seahawks have the best uniforms in the NFL.

Do you have statistical or anecdotal evidence to support these claims?

No, how would I? I'm a pretty sociable person, and I've heard these opinions expressed in lots of sportsbars on Sundays and from co-workers and friends who are casual fans when watching the games on Sundays.

Well, the people in the sports bars were probably drinking, so there's that. :)

Maybe within a month depending on when they go on sale. They could go on sale online and ship within "4-6 weeks" . OR you could probably buy a jersey in person at one of the NFL retailers soon afterward

Do you think they would have them sooner in the Cleveland area?

I find is amusing all the folks worried how "awful" this rebrand is going to be.

We are talking about the Browns here. They've been wearing one of the most drab looking uniforms (especially when they sport all the white's with striped socks) in the NFL for a while now. Just about anything they come up with is going to beat those tired things they've been stuck with for way too long.

As for what they are about to release, I am not sure why some of you think "gutmetal" grey will be a part of it. I think its just as likely (if not more) that the grey will be a very light shade (think the shade that Wichita State wore in their NCAA tourney game against Indiana). That shade almost looks white from a distance. That could be the "light pant" option to go with brown and orange. Brown, orange and white jerseys. Brown and orange solid sock options.

That's what I would expect. We'll see.

Do you think they would have them sooner in the Cleveland area?
Probably, but they won't have player's name on the back, just numbers. Then in a month or so, the actual jerseys will be on sale. Trust me no matter how great or horrible they are, people here in Cleveland will buy it. If I'm wrong, oh well...

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived