New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

My only worry is how much of the brown jersey will have contrasting stitching? The game jersey is made up of so many different panels, it could end up being a nightmare.

Contrasting stitching on the sweat box would be funny. Not ha ha funny though

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure about the orange numbers in brown or potential orange primary...but this us about as "radical" a change as would be tolerated. Ultimately it's color and font changes on a traditional template, all with precedent in the team's history. I don't care for the wordmark, but that is an inevitable trend. Overall I am very pleased because I was scared of a Jags/Bucs mess with ugly yokes. This is the first positive for the team in months.

I'm not so sure about the orange numbers in brown or potential orange primary...but this us about as "radical" a change as would be tolerated. Ultimately it's color and font changes on a traditional template, all with precedent in the team's history. I don't care for the wordmark, but that is an inevitable trend. Overall I am very pleased because I was scared of a Jags/Bucs mess with ugly yokes. This is the first positive for the team in months.

Unfortunately, the precedent for orange numbers was an unmitigated disaster.

I guess you can tell what my pet peeve with these jerseys is.

My take on the jerseys

Minnesota Vikings level (so close, yet so far)

- the orange numbers on the white and browns jerseys look awful (wouldn't be surprised if they were found to be illegible in-stadium and changed before opening day, a la 1984).

- the "Cleveland" is too large (and shouldn't the wordmark be "Browns" anyway?)

- the contrast stitching is ridiculous

Again, they nearly came up with something good (still a downgrade, but anything is a downgrade from the prior near perfection) but felt the need to ruin it.

Nike gonna Nike.

Given the amount of field testing that goes into uniform design now, the odds of that happening are near zero. In fact, in an article on ClevelandBrowns.com, a member of the team's equipment staff talked about the testing process and how they already tweaked one of the colors based on the results of those tests. Like them or not, these uniforms are good to go for games.

Colors : Have to admit the new orange looks good. New

Stripes : Trading classic good looking stripes associated with the team for some rather traditionnal but odly placed ones. Old

Wordmark : Looks like a 90s college jersey. Old

Numbers : Weird choice of colors and upshadows that looks like total crap. Old

Stitches : Do I even have to say anything? The look-at-me contrasting stitches give the new ones a cheap t-shirt look. Old

I actually rather like these. Of course, as someone that doesn't give a hoot about the Browns, I didn't come into this with any wants or needs. I like that orange seems to be emphasized more, it doesn't work as just trim if it's their helmet color IMO. The contrast stitching is interesting. Instead of hiding the seams it kind of elevates the stitching to a level of importance that only the LV Outlaws have done. Kind of like they're proud of their work, which is probably going to be tied into Cleveland being a hardworking city or something. It's not noticeable from afar, yet up close it does give the jersey some depth rather than just having a brown piece of fabric wrapped around you. The only part that really bugs me is the striping just kind of being on the sleeve panel and ending wherever that panel ends on the front. One stripe had to be cut, but the others stop abruptly? I hope this is just a problem with game cuts translating to fan jerseys. As long as they look okay on-field I couldn't care less about a fan's jersey. Without seeing them on a player with the helmet and pants I am still on board. That all could change soon though. Looking forward to the O/W/O combo the most.

Colors : Have to admit the new orange looks good. New

Stripes : Trading classic good looking stripes associated with the team for some rather traditionnal but odly placed ones. Old

Wordmark : Looks like a 90s college jersey. Old

Numbers : Weird choice of colors and upshadows that looks like total crap. Old

Stitches : Do I even have to say anything? The look-at-me contrasting stitches give the new ones a cheap t-shirt look. Old

I mostly agree with this but am more indifferent to the orange and the number font than you are.

Archived