New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I mocked this up based on what we've gotten so far:

Browns-uniform_1.png

I wasn't really sure how to place the stripes on the sleeves.

Also, credit to BucksFan5 for the template.

Nice job. The shoulder stripes look too thick, but other than that, looks pretty good. I'm dying to see the O/O/O combo.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-14%20at%2010.39.

I hope that brown jersey is for real because the other one with piping is horrendous.
1. It's not piping it's stitching.

2. It has the stitching but from a distance you can't see it.

Stitching or Piping = Still looks like dog crap.

I like it. And you can't even see it in this pic.

Browns-uniform_1.png

I still have to go back to what I said about the logo. It took you two years to come up with THIS?!

Now, I know, the NFL requires a lot of time for submissions/approvals but still... you put this next to their "new" logo and it makes this team look like even more of a joke. So you changed the sleeve stripes and the font... proud of ya, but that's not the "cutting edge" design that has been talked about for more than a year by your organizations front office.

I had contrasting red stitching on my black Jnco jeans in 1999. That looked soooooo good 16 years ago.

In all seriousness, if they must change they went pretty reserved for a Nike overhaul. The Buccaneers these are not. I was afraid they were gonna be a slash and burn job. Turns out it's just a pointless downgrade.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Browns-uniform_1.png

I dig. Great mockup.

Also, seeing the whole thing reminded me of something that has yet to be seen that could be troubling. While I trust them not to screw up the pants too much since they've done pretty well with stripe consistency so far, I am a little bit worried about the socks. They've said that they have nine combos in total, so I'd say that rules out having a few different socks that they can just wear whenever with anything like the Bucs (w/ their pewter, red, orange). That means that either each pair of pants/combination will have a designated pair of socks (OOW w/ orange socks, OBW w/ brown, OWB w/ orange) which would actually be great if they did it right, or things could be much worse: one pair of socks, guaranteeing yogapants-look.

Pray for the former.

Browns-uniform_1.png

I dig. Great mockup.

Also, seeing the whole thing reminded me of something that has yet to be seen that could be troubling. While I trust them not to screw up the pants too much since they've done pretty well with stripe consistency so far, I am a little bit worried about the socks. They've said that they have nine combos in total, so I'd say that rules out having a few different socks that they can just wear whenever with anything like the Bucs (w/ their pewter, red, orange). That means that either each pair of pants/combination will have a designated pair of socks (OOW w/ orange socks, OBW w/ brown, OWB w/ orange) which would actually be great if they did it right, or things could be much worse: one pair of socks, guaranteeing yogapants-look.

Pray for the former.

Or striped socks.

Is this better than what they had? Definitely not.

Is this the worst uni redesign we've seen recently? Again, definitely not.

In short, meh.

Meh is the perfect word for this.

Meh. The contrast stitching is dumb, but I'll say it again: These could have been so much worse.

That's pretty much the best you can hope for with Nike at the moment.

Agreed.

That alternate stitching was a highlight for me when the LV Outlaws did it, so I can't pinpoint why I don't like it here. That being said I like the jerseys overall, and that stitching won't be visible on TV outside of closeups. I won't say good job yet because the pants and helmet could kill this, but so far I like it.

It's like Oklahoma State and Syracuse got together and had a love child.

The white jersey really reminds me of these Oklahoma State unis:

s568872814488652156_p1468_i1_w568.jpeg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I had contrasting red stitching on my black Jnco jeans in 1999. That looked soooooo good 16 years ago.

In all seriousness, if they must change they went pretty reserved for a Nike overhaul. The Buccaneers these are not. I was afraid they were gonna be a slash and burn job. Turns out it's just a pointless downgrade.

I remember that era well. No they didn't.

But you're right. These Browns uniforms are bad, and an enormous downgrade from the previous set. They could have been worse, but if the peak of Nike design is "Yeah, well, just be glad we didn't put your team in head-to-toe volt with cave-scratching numbers," then there's a problem.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The orange jersey looks awesome. I think that could have worked as a modern alternate while keeping the rest of the look the same... But whatever.

Stitching is bad, orange numbers are bad, but at least the helmet is the same and the design is based on simple, bold stripes. Not an upgrade IMO but could have been leagues worse. Pants will probably be fine, but having 9 combos seems overkill for a team that plays 16 times a year (and that's all recently).

But you're right. These Browns uniforms are bad, and an enormous downgrade from the previous set. They could have been worse, but if the peak of Nike design is "Yeah, well, just be glad we didn't put your team in head-to-toe volt with cave-scratching numbers," then there's a problem.

As I said before in this thread, Nike gonna Nike.

The orange jersey looks awesome. I think that could have worked as a modern alternate while keeping the rest of the look the same... But whatever.

Stitching is bad, orange numbers are bad, but at least the helmet is the same and the design is based on simple, bold stripes. Not an upgrade IMO but could have been leagues worse. Pants will probably be fine, but having 9 combos seems overkill for a team that plays 16 times a year (and that's all recently).

The problem with that is I am pretty certain the alt has to be a recolor of the primary color jersey.

As I said before in this thread, Nike gonna Nike.

The problem with that is I am pretty certain the alt has to be a recolor of the primary color jersey.

The alt can be just that - an alternate. See the Packers Yellow-Dot jersey, for example.

It's where I sit.

Archived