March Madness 2014 Brackets

fouhy12

Joined. Used the WSJ's blind bracket picker to choose my bracket.

I love that thing. I've used that for the past couple of years. A few years ago, it prompted me to pick (15) Lehigh over (2) Duke, still riding that gravy train. In fact, I filled it out earlier today and it gave me Eastern Kentucky over Kansas in another 15-2 upset. GOTTA ROLL WITH IT!

I just wish it included the First Four games as well.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my friends from college (and former sports reporter for WIBW 13 in Topeka, KS if anyone lives there) printed out each team's logo and had his 7 month old baby choose bracket predictions.

The baby's Elite 8:

(1) Florida vs. (2) Kansas

(9) George Washington vs. (11) Providence

(5) Oklahoma vs. (6) Baylor

(4) Louisville vs. (2) Michigan

Final Four: Florida, Providence, Michigan, Baylor

National Championship: Florida over Michigan

A 7 month old baby is going to have a better bracket than some of you (myself probably included) ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Did a straight bracket and a mascot bracket

Florida wins the straight bracket

Iowa State wins mascot bracket (I went with "Cyclone" instead of "Cardinal" as the mascot).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Elite 8:

Florida vs Kansas

Virginia vs Iowa State

Oklahoma State vs Wisconsin

Kentucky vs Michigan

Final Four:

Florida vs Iowa State

Oklahoma State vs Michigan

Final:

Florida vs Michigan

Champion:

Florida Gators - SEC BABY!!!!!!

spacer.png

Elite 8:

Florida vs Kansas

Virginia vs Iowa State

Kentucky vs Michigan

Final Four:

Florida vs Iowa State

Final:

Florida vs Michigan

Champion:

Ok, so now 3 months later you guys are all going to ride on Florida JUST like Auburn, don't you guys care for rivalries or anything?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Regional Finals:

Florida def. Kansas

Iowa State def. Michigan State

Arizona def. Creighton

Michigan def. Wichita State

Final Four:

Florida def. Iowa State

Arizona def. Michigan

Championship:

Florida def. Arizona, ninersdd and I never speak again :lol: . I didn't pick Florida to win the title in any of the last three brackets when they were a very legitimate contender, but I will take a few liberties in picking the team I root for when they are a #1 overall seed who hasn't lost in months.

spacer.png

Elite 8:

Florida vs Kansas

Virginia vs Iowa State

Kentucky vs Michigan

Final Four:

Florida vs Iowa State

Final:

Florida vs Michigan

Champion:

Ok, so now 3 months later you guys are all going to ride on Florida JUST like Auburn, don't you guys care for rivalries or anything?

I have always pulled for teams in the SEC and will continue to do so! I have a hard time pulling for Tennessee, but other than that I am good.

spacer.png

AC's bracket summary:

UPSETS

-Western Michigan over Syracuse

-Providence over North Carolina (and into the Sweet 16)

-North Carolina Central over Iowa State (if you want a detailed description of this pick I can provide one)

-North Dakota State over Oklahoma

-BYU over Oregon and Wisconsin (into the Sweet 16)

-Iowa/Tennessee play-in winner over UMass

ELITE EIGHT

Florida over New Mexico

Michigan State over Connecticut

San Diego State over Creighton

Louisville over Michigan

FINAL FOUR

Michigan State over Florida

Louisville over San Diego State

Louisville over Michigan State

25yzwqg.png

Joined the group under marble21. I think it may be marble_21 due to availability.

I eventually landed on the winner being Creighton with a 96-89 win over Villanova.

ELITE EIGHT

Syracuse over VCU

Villanova over Virginia

Creighton over Arizona

Duke over Louisville

FINAL FOUR

Villanova over Duke

Creighton over Syracuse

Of course, absolutely no skill was used in my selection process.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

In; bracket name is Luke_Gagnon, username is MasterofSheepdogs69.

My Final Four is Florida, Iowa State, Arizona, and Louisville. I have Florida over Louisville 69-62 in the final. My upset picks are Eastern Kentucky (hey why not), SF Austin (Sweet 16 too), New Mexico (Elite 8), Providence, UConn (in the Sweet 16), NC State, and NM State (Sweet 16).

I've read that history states you need at least 2 double-digit seeded teams in the Sweet 16, so don't crucify me for these picks. Also, more years than not, a 2-seed goes down before the Sweet 16. Just some tips!

Today's really the best day, you feel so smart. Tomorrow will shrink some men's balls for sure.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Not really. Winning or finishing in last doesn't make me any smarter or dumber of a college basketball fan, since I don't watch much to begin with.

All winning means is that I made a lot of lucky choices. And last year, I made the most amount of lucky picks in the CCSLC.

Florida def. Arizona, ninersdd and I never speak again :lol: . I didn't pick Florida to win the title in any of the last three brackets when they were a very legitimate contender, but I will take a few liberties in picking the team I root for when they are a #1 overall seed who hasn't lost in months.

Hopefully the teams don't choke at the FT line(Both teams are around 65%). Florida still swept the conference, but it directly cost AZ two games(@ ASU and UCLA last week). I decided to go a tad off the board with UVA over the Gators in the final four. Of course everyone knows who I have winning it all :P.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived