Illinois re-brand coming April 16th

BroadSt_Bully

Uhg. Italic letters/numbers. The WORST. I'm glad it isn't a full on trend... but the fact that is appears at all is disapointing.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to be put off by a wordmark. It's sorta plain, sure, but it's not god awful. It's just...what it is. I want to see the overall design and how Nike'd it got. Please, lord, let it be Vikings-like in terms of it's simplicity and not Boise St-ish.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Love the striping on the side and honestly kinda surprised they went with that considering it's pretty clear it's a nod to the chief logo. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I always liked the two-tone wordmark on the current white jerseys so I'm happy that's sticking around. Not a huge fan of the number font and I would've much preferred orange numbers.

Also looks like the new secondary logo on the waistband...

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

8CFAC376-C171-46A2-9DE3-82027BAEF7B2.jpg

I like the subtle nod to the Chief with the striping on the sides. It gives a hint of a feather. The only con is that it's similar to FSU's uniforms.

I agree with that sentiment. I do like the Chief inspired side panels and the wordmark is serviceable, but I do not care for the font at all. It's very uninspired and seems too fat, for lack of a better word.

I am intrigued by the logo on the waistband. Can anybody make out what it might be? An "I" maybe?

Crap wordmark. Crap numbers. As minimal amount of flavor as possible. The Illini don't represent anything anymore. Just another generic Team That Wears Colors.

:censored: you, Nike. Your company is a goddamn disgrace.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived