Jerseys of current coaches

Wilt

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did the Phillies last wear zipper front jerseys? Dressed to the Nines says 1988, Todd Radom says 1986.

I really think Radom is correct. These are 1988 cards, so presumably the photos were from 1987. While some players have zippers, Phil Bradley has buttons. They wouldn't have had zippers, then buttons, then zippers again, so it's reasonable to assume that his photo is from 1987 and that they wore buttons then, and the other photos were leftover from 1986, or some players just wore old jerseys in '87.1988+Topps+Phillies+2.jpg

Here's another '88 card showing buttons:

202114d1291616792-gambo-t_wil1-photopack

I also believe (can't confirm though) that the switch to buttons also marked the switch to maroon pinstripes. As you can tell by the Sandberg photo, the pinstripes used to be red, even though the logo and cap were maroon.

EDIT: I think it's also when the swirl-P replaced the open P on the chest.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 year later...

I noticed that when you want to buy a custom Bulls jersey, there are two options for #0 in the drop-down menu. One is of course Aaron Brooks, the other one... Fred Hoiberg, which is inaccurate because he wore #20

http://store.nba.com/Chicago_Bulls_Jerseys/iscustomized/customized/Mens_Chicago_Bulls_adidas_Red_2014-15_New_Custom_Swingman_Road_Jersey

hoiberg-bulls.0.jpg

EDIT: Since my original post is more than one year old, we've had few updates to the list.

River's jersey was actually for sale ;)

rivers.jpg

Byron Scott became Lakers coach but I don't think people started wearing these jerseys in LA

Los-Angeles-Lakers-4-Byron-Scott-Soul-Sw

Tyrone Corbin was briefly the Kings' coach

corbin_kings.jpg

and Scott Skiles is back in Orlando

27_024_6032A_lg.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Archived