Donald Sterling: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

mania

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of creepy Clippers-to-Seattle people around here is starting to become nearly as detestable as the "THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE 1ST AMENDMENT" people.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I liked my Clippers to Seattle idea when it was unclear what was happening with Sterling. Now that it is clear -- and OPRAH is involved -- it's all fantasy. It ain't happening. We'll just wait for scraps that come from elsewhere. There's got to be some other bigoted owners in less lucrative markets -- it's the NBA after all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2nd team in Chicago if Oprah gets the Clips?

3rd New York team, please.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oprah could buy Clippers.

That selection will probably not sit well.

Why? It is not about her or those who she is trying to partner with, specifically Larry Ellison. Ellison and possibly David Geffen would be the bankroll since they have more net worth than shoe does.

Geffen lives in L.A., so no.

There is still the issue of Shelly Sterling, who was not banned (yet). They have to immediately deal with her in some form.

They have been married since 1955 and California is a Community Property state.

Property, and a business is considered a property, acquired during a marriage belongs to BOTH*.

*-Depending on your age, insert your Johnny Carson divorce or Eddie Murphy "Half!" joke

Shelly is a non-factor. When the owners vote Sterling out, the NBA officially takes control of the Clippers, and they've made it clear that it won't be sold to anyone in the Sterling family.

He's saying that she essentially owns the team too, so if they would need to ban her for life and vote her out as well. I think.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Shelly is a non-factor. When the owners vote Sterling out, the NBA officially takes control of the Clippers, and they've made it clear that it won't be sold to anyone in the Sterling family.

He's saying that she essentially owns the team too, so if they would need to ban her for life and vote her out as well. I think.

Correct. And there is a possible anti-trust claim from him or her as well.

Hopefully that ownership group who tried to buy the Kings buys the Clippers and moves them to Seattle.

*flips open switchblade*

*slashes throat*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What's wrong with new ownership moving the Clippers to Seattle???

Los Angeles: 2nd Largest Market (Staples Center)

Seattle: 12th Largest Market (No new arena yet)

I think not.

Seattle can have the Bucks or an expansion team.

What I can't figure out is why the team is still so chummy with Shelly. Wasn't she a part of the housing fiasco?

Her actions/role have just come out since that initial TMZ recording, plus she is not heard being recorded. Doc says he "did not know".

As I have posted earlier, it is not news, but this is sensational due to TMZ.

Oprah could buy Clippers.

That selection will probably not sit well.

Why? It is not about her or those who she is trying to partner with, specifically Larry Ellison. Ellison and possibly David Geffen would be the bankroll since they have more net worth than shoe does.

Geffen lives in L.A., so no.

There is still the issue of Shelly Sterling, who was not banned (yet). They have to immediately deal with her in some form.

They have been married since 1955 and California is a Community Property state.

Property, and a business is considered a property, acquired during a marriage belongs to BOTH*.

*-Depending on your age, insert your Johnny Carson divorce or Eddie Murphy "Half!" joke

Yep, It is and it should also be noted that Sterling is an attorney too http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/31124. The community property issue will be a thorny problem for the league to negotiate especially if Mrs. Sterling wants to exercise her community property interest.

Don't most commissioners have legal backgrounds? I would think that's kind of a pre req for the position. That, or they have the best legal advisors money can buy sitting right next to them at all times.

I would think this has all been discussed, and they have plans for every scenario. They may have even reached out to her already for a pulse check.

While the community property thing could make this extremely messy and drawn out, my guess is that once she sees that she stands to pocket at least half a BILLION dollars, she'll let go of her claim to the team.

It's one thing to want to own a pro sports team, it's another thing to turn down a metal briefcase with (at least) $500,000,000 in it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What's wrong with new ownership moving the Clippers to Seattle???

Los Angeles: 2nd Largest Market (Staples Center)

Seattle: 12th Largest Market (No new arena yet)

I think not.

Seattle can have the Bucks or an expansion team.

Couldn't the Clippers move to Anaheim and maintain the Los Angeles title like the Angels do?

I have never been a fan of teams being the little brother in their own stadium (Lakers are still the main team in Staples as far as I am concerned).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived