Donald Sterling: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

mania

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with new ownership moving the Clippers to Seattle???

Los Angeles: 2nd Largest Market (Staples Center)

Seattle: 12th Largest Market (No new arena yet)

I think not.

Seattle can have the Bucks or an expansion team.

Couldn't the Clippers move to Anaheim and maintain the Los Angeles title like the Angels do?

I have never been a fan of teams being the little brother in their own stadium (Lakers are still the main team in Staples as far as I am concerned).

I'm not sure if theu could move to Anaheim and keep Los Angeles name. IIRC after the Angels name change, the Honda Center created a clause saying that any team playing in the arena had to use Anaheim as the name.

But the LA Kiss AFL team plays there and is LA, so I don't know.

IbjBaeE.png

Don't most commissioners have legal backgrounds? I would think that's kind of a pre req for the position. That, or they have the best legal advisors money can buy sitting right next to them at all times.

I would think this has all been discussed, and they have plans for every scenario. They may have even reached out to her already for a pulse check.

While the community property thing could make this extremely messy and drawn out, my guess is that once she sees that she stands to pocket at least half a BILLION dollars, she'll let go of her claim to the team.

It's one thing to want to own a pro sports team, it's another thing to turn down a metal briefcase with (at least) $500,000,000 in it.

Both Stern and Silver were attorneys at the start of their professional career, and Bettman was befriended by Stern while working in a private legal practice. Goodell's pops was a US Senator. But being an attorney by trade does not make you all-knowing in every law in every state/jurisdiction.

Plus, as nervous as Silver was talking about Donald, he failed to mention her, and the NBA also knew about her in this process/their business dealings.

I think not.

Couldn't the Clippers move to Anaheim and maintain the Los Angeles title like the Angels do?

I have never been a fan of teams being the little brother in their own stadium (Lakers are still the main team in Staples as far as I am concerned).

That's what I'm hoping, that they consider Anaheim as a landing place. Honda Center was renovated to be NBA ready and it would give the Clippers a way to remain part of the lucrative LA market while also differentiating themselves more from the Lakers.

Tebow fans!

Andrea Says:

The next NBA owner to be taken out is the owner of the Houston team – he is against gay marriage.

The NFL draft will be in a couple days – wonder if the NFL will be consistent – no media Christian circus ( Tebow ) – no media gay circus (Sam).

ck says:

Andrea: Believe you are right about that too and what a case for reverse discrimination…you should watch Hannity and see what a hypocrite AL SHARPTON has been w/lots of video to back it up!!! HE SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME TREATMENT!!!

Most “white” people are not racists, (in fact I do not personally know ANY),

Buzzy Says : He was just talking to his GF who is Black He said not to hang around with blacks

and not to bring them to the games where he was at he didnt use the N word just black men

what do you calll a black Man if that is Racist i dont get it. I would think he would not

want her to hang with any White Men either. MayBe I did not hear it all.

David Oliver says:

Stop The NFL BlackBall of Tim Tebow as an NFL QB!
DISCRACEFUL!! This OVERT, Anti – Christian Discrimination Effort
Should be investigated!

A N&GGER will get EVERY chance BUT NOT TEBOW???

Go TIM !!

ck says:

Yes, Buzzy, this guy stated the truth!

http://www.tebowzone.net/

What group of people are most sympathetic to Sterling? The Klan? Survivalists/preppers, maybe? How about American Nazis?

Nope, it's Tebow fans!

Andrea Says:

The next NBA owner to be taken out is the owner of the Houston team – he is against gay marriage.

The NFL draft will be in a couple days – wonder if the NFL will be consistent – no media Christian circus ( Tebow ) – no media gay circus (Sam).

ck says:

Andrea: Believe you are right about that too and what a case for reverse discrimination…you should watch Hannity and see what a hypocrite AL SHARPTON has been w/lots of video to back it up!!! HE SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME TREATMENT!!!

Buzzy Says : He was just talking to his GF who is Black He said not to hang around with blacks

and not to bring them to the games where he was at he didnt use the N word just black men

what do you calll a black Man if that is Racist i dont get it. I would think he would not

David Oliver says:

Stop The NFL BlackBall of Tim Tebow as an NFL QB!

Should be investigated!

Go TIM !!

ck says:

Yes, Buzzy, this guy stated the truth!

Head_bang_by_Chinja_radel_amort.gif

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Tebow fans!

Andrea Says:The next NBA owner to be taken out is the owner of the Houston team – he is against gay marriage.

ck says:

David Oliver says:Stop The NFL BlackBall of Tim Tebow as an NFL QB!

Should be investigated!

Go TIM !!

ck says:Yes, Buzzy, this guy stated the truth!

Tebow still has fans?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I think not.

That's what I'm hoping, that they consider Anaheim as a landing place. Honda Center was renovated to be NBA ready and it would give the Clippers a way to remain part of the lucrative LA market while also differentiating themselves more from the Lakers.

Except you still won't own the arena unless the Samuelis buy the team, and something tells me they won't be approved after their attempt to Trojan Horse their way into the league with the Kings a few years back.

If you're going to be second fiddle in your building regardless, you might as well stay at Staples.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oprah could buy Clippers.

That selection will probably not sit well.

And every fan in the audience is getting a new car!

oprah-you-get-a-car-o.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think not.

Except you still won't own the arena unless the Samuelis buy the team, and something tells me they won't be approved after their attempt to Trojan Horse their way into the league with the Kings a few years back.

If you're going to be second fiddle in your building regardless, you might as well stay at Staples.

Do you know how many teams dont actually own their arenas, almost all nba teams dont own their arenas, they lease them or something else but rarely does the team own it

I think not.

Do you know how many teams dont actually own their arenas, almost all nba teams dont own their arenas, they lease them or something else but rarely does the team own it

Sorry.

Control the master lease. Which is the same thing for all practical intents and purposes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think not.

Sorry.

Control the master lease. Which is the same thing for all practical intents and purposes.

They would still be the only nba tenant, which would theoretically be better than their current situation at the staple center.

I think everyone is happy with the whole Los Angeles Clippers situation with the exception of the virulent racist who owns the team. The team in that situation is going to sell for up to a billion dollars! They're not moving to Seattle, they're not moving to Anaheim. I don't care if it makes your OCD flare up to have 30 teams in 29 arenas. They're staying there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/04/29/donald_sterling_selling_clippers_he_could_lose_100_million.html

The capital gains tax is partly why Sterling will fight this. Mike and Mike's math made the difference b/t estate taxes only and estate+capital gains as closer to 200 million.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/04/29/donald_sterling_selling_clippers_he_could_lose_100_million.html

The capital gains tax is partly why Sterling will fight this. Mike and Mike's math made the difference b/t estate taxes only and estate+capital gains as closer to 200 million.

That is assuming he doesn't reinvest the money. With his background in Real Estate, he could easily invest most of that money into other projects, and defer the taxes.

I think not.

Sorry.

They would still be the only nba tenant, which would theoretically be better than their current situation at the staple center.

The Clippers have a pretty sweet deal at Staples Center right now though regardless of another NBA team. Plus their lease runs for another ten years, and to get out of the lease is easily going to cost tens of millions this early into the lease.

As stated before, the Clippers make money hand over fist at the Staples Center currently, even when they aren't winning games. It would be silly to jeopardize that revenue just to move down the street.

jNTsTyQ.png

I don't think a person who raised money for John Kerry would be against gay marriage. Source

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived