Uniforms You Associate With One Game or Moment

Squall Hammer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2000 Baltimore Ravens season. I always liked their home purple jerseys with the neat numeric font. Too bad they did not wear them in Super Bowl 35 (being they were listed as the "away" team in the Super Bowl).

649751_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=220&q=85

8602g_lg.jpeg

The black helmet/purple jerseys symbolizes how dominant and tough the Ravens D was. Their color combo is similar to bruises to the opponents body after they hit you. Nobody will ever see a dominant defense like the 2000 Ravens ever again thanks to the overhaul of the NFL rules changes.

Not really a specific moment - but a player.

For a time, Nebraska switched away from striped pants and went with plain whites. I always associate that look with Eric Crouch because of his knee-high red socks. As a swift runner, that particular color combo / pattern seemed to really accentuate his lower legs and thus, made him look even faster at times.

Eric+Crouch+02+rose+bowljpg.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Another one: the 1996-2004 Utah Jazz uniforms with the 1997 and 1998 Finals. Distinctive uniforms with a distinctive color scheme now seen as a representation of the style of uniforms from that period. The Jazz reached their greatest heights while wearing those uniforms, and when I see them, I'm always going to think of them falling just short to Michael Jordan two years in a row.

Jordan%20over%20Russell%201998.jpg

12555044613_7e41512278_o.png

28EACD48119CD28FAE3608B6F1B35.jpg

I will always associate these uniforms with this.

If you look really closely, you can see me crying in the upper deck.

I think I see you! With the bottle of whisky, right?

Nah, I had already finished mine and thrown it at Brett Hull by that point (I missed). Must be some other kid.

The Red Sox' pullover jersey and beltless pants were, in hindsight, totally wrong for that team. (Though the hat was nice, and complemented the uniform much better than the traditional blue cap that they first used when the brought in the pullovers.)

Thinking of that uni now reminds me of Rice, Lynn, Yaz, Fisk, the Spaceman, and Tiant; but mainly of two moments:

da2538ac877f943d8a4d3c61cc2aa4ba.jpgbucky-dnet.jpg

That reminds me of the 1975 World Series and Fisk's "Miracle at Fenway"

reggiemiller.jpg

Favorite reggie miller moment

Ah,the Reggie Miller-Spike Lee rivalry. Best moment of it.

The current home jersey of the Pacers has a moment:Paul George's 360 Tomahawk.

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

Archived