Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) Branding

EJ_Barlik

I was going to post the Brooklyn jerseys here but then I thought to save your eyes some looking space and tell you it looks exactly like Omaha's except with different colors and Brooklyn instead of Omaha on them.

If they want to go for consistency then the Blacktip's jerseys better look like Boston's.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

What intrigues me the most about the league is how it resembles how the NFL once was in it's humble beginnings (like the whole idea of cramming the football fields onto these tiny baseball diamonds and other things that are rarely/never seen anymore). I'm into old school stuff like that.

008-_XXL.jpg?v=DB3A189730B9D108

10081657_JensenTD.mp4_.Still001.jpg?itok

Omaha and Brooklyn both have the same uniform template that a college team would use and they look great. Boston and Florida both have uniforms that look like cheap ass recycled high school practice uniforms. What is up with that?

It's simple uniform sets since they know that this is an experiment. If they were the UFL or AFL11 they'd have thrown more money into looking pretty.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Omaha and Brooklyn both have the same uniform template that a college team would use and they look great. Boston and Florida both have uniforms that look like cheap ass recycled high school practice uniforms. What is up with that?

It's simple uniform sets since they know that this is an experiment. If they were the UFL or AFL11 they'd have thrown more money into looking pretty.
I believe he's referring to the fact that within the league, a few teams have higher quality jerseys than others. It is somewhat odd. Are the dark jerseys nicer than the white ones?

I think hte dark ones are nice, hte white jerseys are the "cheaper" styles. Honestly they should have just picked one style and gone with it. If they were really trying ot get by on hte cheap, they could have just picked four contrasting colors and gotten huigher quality uniforms.

• 9 months later...

The FXFL franchise set to play out of Fishkill, New York's Dutchess Stadium - home to the New York-Penn League's Hudson Valley Renegades - has settled on a team identity. They'll be known as the Hudson Valley Fort.

CLvl8ZYWUAARHp0.jpg

I assume their mascot will be a giant whoopee cushion.

Oh, wait . . .

So I have a question:

If this league is successful, do they still call it the Fall Experimental Football League or do they change the name five years from now? Is it still experimental at that point?

Oh, also the logo is generic and uncreative. I'll be surprised if this league fields a single team.

I've been asking Trekkies that questions for over a decade with regard to the USS Defiant and I've never received an acceptable answer to the question.

What do you mean? "Defiant" doesn't have an expiration date on it. Even in defeat, one can still be defiant.

As I said on another thread, that graphic is a perfect example of why the name is terrible.

They'll be known as the Hudson Valley Fort.

CLvl8ZYWUAARHp0.jpg

"Fort" is a passive noun. It just stands there, while the more dynamic nouns run around sacking or defending it.

The FXFL franchise set to play out of Fishkill, New York's Dutchess Stadium - home to the New York-Penn League's Hudson Valley Renegades - has settled on a team identity. They'll be known as the Hudson Valley Fort.

CLvl8ZYWUAARHp0.jpg

I really like the logo and helmet, but the name is horrible. There had to be some other option that would fit the same logo . . . Defenders? Sentinels?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

By the way, is the helmet stripe supposed to represent the Hudson River chain?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_River_Chain

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived