MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it´s a :censored:ing lie !? Just a concept, then why does it say 2015 limited edition, all star pillbox cap, clearly the jerk behind these, are trying to mess stuff up. :censored: that guy for real

Clearly you didn't read the story in the link

i read it alright, photo is fake and the text is inexcusable, it clearly says these are new all star hats for 2015, that is not a concept then, it´s a lie

So it´s a :censored:ing lie !? Just a concept, then why does it say 2015 limited edition, all star pillbox cap, clearly the jerk behind these, are trying to mess stuff up. :censored: that guy for real

i read it alright, photo is fake and the text is inexcusable, it clearly says these are new all star hats for 2015, that is not a concept then, it´s a lie

It's a concept, not a lie. We have a Concepts forum on here, you know.

bSLCtu2.png

I am aware of that thank you very much, but do the guys here also write : "new limited editon all star cap" and place the manufacturers logo as a separate photo (in this case new era) in their photoshop jobs ? i don´t think they do.

If it just was a concept why would he write "Limited Edition" ? No, this was clearly to fool people.

I am aware of that thank you very much, but do the guys here also write : "new limited editon all star cap" and place the manufacturers logo as a separate photo (in this case new era) in their photoshop jobs ? i don´t think they do.

If it just was a concept why would he write "Limited Edition" ? No, this was clearly to fool people.

I am not sure you understand how concepts work. Concepts are created designs that are intended to look like the real thing, including presentation. Most concepts you have seen aren't as detailed as this. The whole point of concepts are about "what ifs" and this guy went with "what if there was an ad for the design I created?" So he did that and was very detailed. And as stated in the article, he created but did no promotion of it whatsoever so he didn't go around fooling other people. The people just got fooled themselves when they saw it and thought it was real.

Go A's!

Yeah well, fakes like these and boards like this one, don´t go well together. Each time a new logo or uniform is posted, everyone will be asking "is this real or just a fake/concept" This person clearly made his concept look like it was real, by adding the text, therefore it was not a concept, he was trying to trick people, and it worked

When you try to make it as real as possible, the intent to trick people is always there. Hollywood has known this for years.

I'm just glad that he cleared it up and admitted it was fake. You know how much money I lost because of his fake ad? $0.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

He wasn't trying to trick people. He works in advertising, he created a fake ad, and somebody pulled it out of his portfolio and passed it around without any context.

He was trying to trick people.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2015/05/16/fake-all-star-game-hats-are-just-concepts-by-jesse-alkire/

Ah, I see. That changes things somewhat.

When I read the story yesterday, it was while he was still denying that the Twitter account was his. That is a whole different story.

I still don't see anything wrong with creating the best possible fake ad. I personally don't like using a fake Twitter account to release them after that, though.

I have a feeling this is going to happen in a couple years. As much as I love the current colors, these are just as snappy (wait, snappy? ) I must still be sleepy.

Can we start a petition to make the Mariners Sunday uniforms their primaries? They are lightyears ahead of their current set.

11192643_1379964772334338_1061391045_n.j

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Can we start a petition to make the Mariners Sunday uniforms their primaries? They are lightyears ahead of their current set.

No. I love the primary uniforms. While the alternates are a cool fauxback, the Mariners current home uniforms are beautiful. When I think of the Seattle Mariners, my mind instantly pictures legends like Ken Griffey Jr, Jay Buhner, Edgar Martinez, and Randy Johnson while also thinking of the Mariners today. When I think of those players, I think of the classic uniform that has tied those eras together. I think of The Double, Junior hitting nearly 50 home runs a year, the start of Ichiro's brilliant career, and the dominant pitching of Felix Hernandez. Blue and yellow is a color scheme that makes me picture the Milwaukee Brewers ball in glove Sunday alternate uniform and the failure of Seattle's first MLB franchise, the Pilots (who crashed their first and only year in Seattle). Northwest green/teal and navy blue is a color scheme that no other team currently wears or has ever worn in MLB history. To abandon one of the best uniforms in the big leagues today in favor of a silly alternate that's not designed for full time use would be almost as stupid as the the Rays abandoning their uniforms for their silly 70s fauxbacks.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Co-signed. But they should change from cream to white. Add a royal alt and a yellow one.

That is such a great look and I'd almost approve, but...

As a fan of the Mariners since the late 1970's/early 1980's, I totally bought into the change to the current colors back in 1993 as a way to change the image of the franchise. And it worked. This is a great once-a-week uniform, but shouldn't replace the great color scheme as worn by Junior, Randy Johnson, Edgar Martinez, etc.

Archived