What did you used to think about logos?

Ark

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Trailblazers' logo is an abstract representation of a basketball game. The 5 white and red lines represent players on two teams. I had always thought it had something to do with a hurricane or typhoon. Which never made sense.

Until middle school or so, I thought the Trailblazers' logo (the original one is the one I grew up with) was the spinning lines of a Weed Eater.

Blazers_original.pngwill-a-22-lr-bullet-go-through-a-spinnin

Trailblazers... cutting down grass and trees to clear a path... it makes sense!

Serious? The team is named for weedwhackers?

And before you knew the logo was an abstract representation of the game of basketball, what did you think it was?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The Trailblazers' logo is an abstract representation of a basketball game. The 5 white and red lines represent players on two teams. I had always thought it had something to do with a hurricane or typhoon. Which never made sense.

Until middle school or so, I thought the Trailblazers' logo (the original one is the one I grew up with) was the spinning lines of a Weed Eater.

Blazers_original.pngwill-a-22-lr-bullet-go-through-a-spinnin

Trailblazers... cutting down grass and trees to clear a path... it makes sense!

Serious? The team is named for weedwhackers?

And before you knew the logo was an abstract representation of the game of basketball, what did you think it was?

I never knew, I was considering posting it way back in my early post in the thread but didn't think it be weird enough. Turns out, it is.

GREAT POINT about the Shark biting the hockey stick above, Why would he do that?

You're a shark, you don't eat wood.

87Redskins.png

never noticed his eye until about 4 years ago.

Buffalo_Bills.jpg

always thought it was just some "fluff" or hair or a part of the horn. I wish I had never seen the eye.

OH MY GOD YOU'VE BLOWN MY MIND. I will never unsee that. My life is changed.

I once read the Trailblazers logo is supposed to be a p and a b, but that would mean the p is backwards.

Thank you, oldschoolvikings. I did see the beaver at first, but once I saw the raider, I couldn't unsee it and only saw the beaver again when you emphasized it.

I thought the TrailBlazers logo was just an abstract 'blazing' something with no special meaning.

I thought that up until this thread.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

For a non SPorts example--this one is the the Bay--a Canadian department store.

I never realized the "B" was a "B", but I still knew it was the Bay.

But even now, while I know it's a "B" I still see a scrunched up shape, not a "B"

baylogo.jpg

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

zouTEdA.png

And it always made no sense why the shark was biting a hockey stick in half. I mean it's supposed to be a hockey playing shark, so why is it chomping it's hockey stick? Heck, I still wonder about this.

It's a hockey-playing shark? How is it playing hockey?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

SKJ66PX.png

I used to think this was a trident.

I always thought it was a candlestick.

Add me to that club...and the worst part was that Indiana was one of the teams I rooted for as a kid!

I thought it was a cactus.

I always thought cactus as well. I also didn't know what the U in the Spurs logo was until I was about 10, I always thought it was an explosion the tip a fuse, sorta like a stick of dynamite or something.

spacer.png

zouTEdA.png

And it always made no sense why the shark was biting a hockey stick in half. I mean it's supposed to be a hockey playing shark, so why is it chomping it's hockey stick? Heck, I still wonder about this.

I used to think that if its a shark with a hockey stick its playing hockey.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

zouTEdA.png

Or it's just chewing on a hockey stick because sharks are known to eat a lot of random stuff

zouTEdA.png

Or it's just chewing on a hockey stick because sharks are known to eat a lot of random stuff

or its the opponents hockey stick

Raider-logo-4.png

As a kid, I used to think the chin strap was part of the guy's neck, like he's was wearing some sort of diving helmet.

zouTEdA.png

or its the opponents hockey stick

Actually, its what they keep choking on every year in the playoffs. :lol:

tumblr_n4vpzxwRJB1tt0goso1_1280.jpg

zouTEdA.png

I think its chomping the opponents stick not theirs. Never found this strange at all I always thought they were sharks and they eat up the competition.

I always thought the Expos logo was for a delicious brand of minty candy. The Bills logo is not the horn and the eye. It is simply a curled horn. At least that's how I will interpret it because I am not going to accept any other version of the truth on this matter.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

853.gif

I had no clue what this was supposed to be. I just thought it was like magic spell runes or something. Only recently did I see the "DC." The black mark looks like a crescent moon, I just figured it was wizardy sh\t.

I always thought it looked like my initials. jC... (look below at my sig ;-)

iq5b7nF.png

Archived