College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad he's wrong. The advantage is not massive but it exists especially from the scouting standpoint. Player identification and movement breakdowns from an all 22 frame is more difficult which requires additional time to identify thus making the scouting process more difficult. On field is debatable but defensive recognition may be impaired as well as opposing qb's may overlook db's.

That's no more of an issue than a green team playing on green turf.. In film breakdown, each play is shown in a wide shot and a tight shot.. The wide shot is typically from the press box and shows more of what's going on, then the tight copy follows immediately, which is where you would identify the "who" and possibly the "how" that comes with the scouting.. It's not any more difficult to do with a Boise State tape than any other.. Especially with the hd cameras of today.. Plus, if an opposing qb can identify his own teammates as db's at practice, he can probably handle Boise State's.. Let's not forget how sub-par Boise state was for years, even with the blue turf.. You don't hear any complaints about teams playing against green or gold or brown, or even camo teams.. Doesn't make a difference whether the turf matches the uniforms or not

We've already seen TCU's "frogskin camo" they'll be rolling out this year.

But I just saw the home jersey that Nike is selling on their gear site and they don't look like the actual game jerseys.

-00032472X_05H_A.jpg

They look very... Penn State-ish.

They look good.

(Did I just repeat what you said?)

But I just saw the home jersey that Nike is selling on their gear site and they don't look like the actual game jerseys.

-00032472X_05H_A.jpg

Those are just the cheapo versions. Nike selling ones that look like the real deal for $135: http://www.fanatics.com/league/College/team/TCU_Horned_Frogs/category/3084/browse/featuredproduct/2103496/

LARGEIMAGE_22456.jpg

-00032472X_05H_A.jpg

Those are just the cheapo versions. Nike selling ones that look like the real deal for $135: http://www.fanatics.com/league/College/team/TCU_Horned_Frogs/category/3084/browse/featuredproduct/2103496/

LARGEIMAGE_22456.jpg

Ah...

Yeah, I love the frogskin pattern and all, but THAT is overkill. If it was only on the sleeves, it would be perfect. At this point, I'd prefer the "cheap" jerseys as well.

-00032472X_05H_A.jpg

They look good.

(Did I just repeat what you said?)

I agree that those look better by comparison. I just said "Penn State" because that's exactly who they resemble... well, outside of the numbers, anyway.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

-00032472X_05H_A.jpg

LARGEIMAGE_22456.jpg

Some idiot's going to refer to this as frog camo. I think the reference to a volleyball jersey is spot on.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

JMU will also be wearing a memorial decal for Alison Parker and Adam Ward.

They're also wearing their traditional gold, but with a matte finish.

CN6iVSNXAAAks5K.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

-00032472X_05H_A.jpg

LARGEIMAGE_22456.jpg

Some idiot's going to refer to this as frog camo. I think the reference to a volleyball jersey is spot on.

So why did they put frog camo on the volleyball uniforms?

Actually my first thought was a soccer clash jersey. Pretty much the same thing.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Just this pointed out on another website, but it does look like some of Oregon's new helmets do have a modified, more subtle wing pattern on them. You can sort of see the newer wing style near the edge of the facemask on both the silver and yellow helmets.

3829697.jpg3829700.jpg3829706.jpg

I get the feeling they're going to return to the O on the sides for a few of the their helmets. It sounds like they only made the wing change on a couple of their helmets so they aren't completely ditching the chrome wings (yet.)

I am getting the same feeling regarding the "O" on the sides of the helmets, but I am a little concerned that the new yellow and silver helmets could look a little cluttered on the sides with both the smaller wings and the "O" decals. Also, I would certainly expect them to keep a few of the winged helmets in the rotation this year, especially the white and black ones. As far as the jerseys go, all indications point to the old yellow jerseys still being used, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the white jerseys from the Natty and the green jerseys from the spring game plugged into the rotation.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived