College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois combo for tomorrow night.

Week%201%2015_zpsp90vrges.jpg

There was a time that the navy pants only came out for big or special games. Like once every 3 years, sometimes less often.

Now: Kent State.

Guess it makes sense based on the program's status...

Illinois combo for tomorrow night.

Week%201%2015_zpsp90vrges.jpg

There was a time that the navy pants only came out for big or special games. Like once every 3 years, sometimes less often.

Now: Kent State.

Guess it makes sense based on the program's status...

Back in the 80's you knew it was a really big game when they wore both blue jerseys and pants. Similar to when the basketball team wore the orange uniforms when Henson was coach.

Here's a few pics from the Michigan-Utah game. I'm a Michigan fan and I initially disliked the all-white unis, until I saw them in game action. They can be a bit bland, so I prefer they only wear these 2-3 times a year and wear maize pants in the rest of the games, but I do like this look overall. Also, loved Utah's helmets.

GMIPSL6.jpg

pEkHyPn.jpg

0eS60rz.jpg

Z1PS5Wh.jpg

With the yellow on the cuffs, pants and helmet I feel like they should have yellow trim around the numbers too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here's a few pics from the Michigan-Utah game. I'm a Michigan fan and I initially disliked the all-white unis, until I saw them in game action. They can be a bit bland, so I prefer they only wear these 2-3 times a year and wear maize pants in the rest of the games, but I do like this look overall. Also, loved Utah's helmets.

GMIPSL6.jpg

pEkHyPn.jpg

0eS60rz.jpg

Z1PS5Wh.jpg

With the yellow on the cuffs, pants and helmet I feel like they should have yellow trim around the numbers too.

I disagree. The yellow on the stripes is bordered by navy on both sides. Yellow around the numbers would touch the white of the jersey and bleed off, visually. That isn't necessarily always a problem, but this is much more consistent.

This might be is my favorite U of M road look in decades.

(Braiser stripes on pants always make me happy. That's football.)

I'd give the Michigan-Utah game an A. Utah looked phenomenal, all the way from their satin red helmet to the mountain sleeve stripes and red pants that actually make the monochrome look good. Not the biggest fan of the white pants for Michigan, but they grew on me. I hope they only wear them a couple times this year, because I think the maize pants are the way to go. The game last night also looked great because of the colors; each team had completely different colors, and the uniforms contrasted at every element and in style with modern vs classic.

I'd give the Michigan-Utah game an A. Utah looked phenomenal, all the way from their satin red helmet to the mountain sleeve stripes and red pants that actually make the monochrome look good. Not the biggest fan of the white pants for Michigan, but they grew on me. I hope they only wear them a couple times this year, because I think the maize pants are the way to go. The game last night also looked great because of the colors; each team had completely different colors, and the uniforms contrasted at every element and in style with modern vs classic.

Don't forget they clashed on play calling and non-play calling, too.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The only thing better than a beautiful Carolina blue vs garnet game is watching it on the largest screen in college football :rolleyes:

COA4_TXW8AIWW1i.jpg

That's bigger than Texas' godzilla-tron? I guess it probably is, godzilla-tron is kind of old news by now. I remember when it first came out though it was jaw dropping.

90758391980.gif

TCU's frog skin material is pretty hard to see in my opinion. This is a good thing.

486405010_45824509_576807.JPG

Compare to the promo shots when they were unveiled:

tcu-frog-skin-uniforms-2015.png?resize=7

Maybe it was made to be more subtle than we saw in the original photos?

We'll see when the color uniforms are worn...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

How much better would almost all adidas teams look if they didn't wear TechFit? Adidas should go back to their traditional uniforms that Michigan is wearing and incorporate some new breathable technology in those. Why can't they use their prime knit material that players like but use it in more traditional uniform cuts? It's great material if they'd use it more conservatively. They can still do crazy sublimation a for teams that want it or on alt jerseys.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say right now that North Carolina v South Carolina is/will be the best looking game of the week. Two excellent uniform designs, and the dark red and Carolina blue look great together on the field.

I'll gladly put my Irish v Texas at number 2.

Nah, Carolina is GARNET, not dark red.

http://sc.edu/toolbox/officialColors.php

I knew their red had a name, just couldn't remember it.

Some other thoughts:

TCU really needs a pants stripe to match the helmet. That all white look was a little boring. While the pattern was fairly subtle, I'm still scared to see the full-frog color uniforms.

The white pants look good for Michigan, but only for 1 or 2 games a year.

In watching Utah-Mich I noticed that Utah's helmets matched the red on the sleeve caps about perfectly, but the jersey/pants were a little off. They were a little more orangey. Am I crazy or did anyone else notice that?

How much better would almost all adidas teams look if they didn't wear TechFit? Adidas should go back to their traditional uniforms that Michigan is wearing and incorporate some new breathable technology in those. Why can't they use their prime knit material that players like but use it in more traditional uniform cuts? It's great material if they'd use it more conservatively. They can still do crazy sublimation a for teams that want it or on alt jerseys.

If adidas gets the CFL Icould see Techfit being used for one offs and the Michigan style jerseys used for the regular sets. If adidas decides to refit every team with a new look though it could get ugly. The best looks so far are Michigan and Wisconsin.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Cincinnati just released it's homecoming uniforms...

Not only celebrating homecoming, but the major renovation of Nippert Stadium and the Stadiums 100th anniversary.

COAkpYwWIAAx5ah.jpg

Holy :censored:. Dat helmet. Dat customized pants stripe. This is how you do one-offs! Props to Under Armour.

It seems like there's a variety of opinions about Michigan's road look against Utah, so I'll throw in my opinion. First off, Utah looked great with that satin helmet finish and possibly the best sleeve cap graphic of any school. As for Michigan, I'm ok with the all-white road uniform as a throwback to the 70s when Harbaugh's dad was Michigan's d-backs coach, because it really is a beautiful retro look, but that's all it should be: a one-off throwback. However, Harbaugh wants it as our regular road look this season, for no other reason than he thought it looked good when he originally watched Michigan wear it as a 10 year old. We've worn all-white roads for 2 seasons out of 100+ (and one more time as a recent Adidas one-off alt), so in no way is that "Michigan tradition". Blue-blue-maize at home, blue-white-maize away--it's not that hard. Hopefully this is just a vanity project from Harbaugh this transitional season out of Adidas and that Jordan Brand sets us back on track.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived