College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody watch The Voice? Slightly off topic but hear me out.

In a recent episode, coach Pharrell Williams was wearing some "hipster retro" jeans with a gold/chrome retro Adidas logo silk screened.... ON THE ASS OF HIS PANTS.

I had to explain to my wife why Adidas LITERALLY being ass was a hilarious visual.

She just shook her head and muttered something about me and those "uniform idiots on the web."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

minnesota-vs-northwestern-oct-11.jpg

Oh boy. In theory I love that look, but in practice they look like old bananas. Maroon/Maroon/Yellow is definitely the better look, followed by Maroon/Maroon/White. I'd like to see what Yellow/White/White or Yellow/Maroon/White would look like though.

How do they look like old bananas exactly

old-banana-18673378.jpg

so all maroon/brown and yellow teams are ugly because old bananas?

Anybody watch The Voice? Slightly off topic but hear me out.

In a recent episode, coach Pharrell Williams was wearing some "hipster retro" jeans with a gold/chrome retro Adidas logo silk screened.... ON THE ASS OF HIS PANTS.

I had to explain to my wife why Adidas LITERALLY being ass was a hilarious visual.

She just shook her head and muttered something about me and those "uniform idiots on the web."

I unashamedly watch The Voice and yeah, Pharrell's been wearing those pants with the Adidas Originals logo on the ass since he arrived on the show last season. Looks horrible to me, but he's without a doubt a tastemaker for the younger generation, since he's one of Adidas's biggest celebrity designers (his Stan Smiths are among the most hyped lifestyle shoe out there).

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I'd love to see the orange vs black. How often do you get to play a game on Halloween, between two teams that historically wear color vs color, and that have both orange and black? It might be the child in me, but I think it would be pretty cool.

Agreed, it would look awful, but as a one time thing it would be really fun to see.

Clemson and Coastal Carolina did that a few years back..

Oh boy. In theory I love that look, but in practice they look like old bananas. Maroon/Maroon/Yellow is definitely the better look, followed by Maroon/Maroon/White. I'd like to see what Yellow/White/White or Yellow/Maroon/White would look like though.

old-banana-18673378.jpg

Um, no? I made a slight joke about their uniform colors looking like that, in I was trying to articulate why I disliked them. I could've said that I think the yellow is too bright and it clashes with the maroon, and overall the color contrast is so distinct that it loks cartoony. There just isn't enough empty space on the unifrom to give the eyes a break, so while it's theoretically good, in reality it's just too much.

Or I could just make a fun quip and be done with it.

I'd love to see the orange vs black. How often do you get to play a game on Halloween, between two teams that historically wear color vs color, and that have both orange and black? It might be the child in me, but I think it would be pretty cool.

Agreed, it would look awful, but as a one time thing it would be really fun to see.
Clemson and Coastal Carolina did that a few years back..
Also the same day this thing happened as I recall.

e4z9GoZ.jpg

old-banana-18673378.jpg

Um, no? I made a slight joke about their uniform colors looking like that, in I was trying to articulate why I disliked them. I could've said that I think the yellow is too bright and it clashes with the maroon, and overall the color contrast is so distinct that it loks cartoony. There just isn't enough empty space on the unifrom to give the eyes a break, so while it's theoretically good, in reality it's just too much.

I know I'd likely be the only person in the world who thinks this, but I think using the white helmet with that set would look good.

old-banana-18673378.jpg

Yeah i dont know why i got all up in your grill about that earlier. one of those days.

If the uniform matchup was Florida in orange-orange-white and Georgia in red-black-silver, it would not look half bad. It would work for Halloween.

I'd honestly rather florida go all orange, orange/orange/white is just not enough color, I've never been a fan of that look. They look like Clemson with that anyway. Plus the entire point of the matchup would be for the fun factor as a one time thing. Why not go all out?

Archived