College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Just came across this - Auburn RB Jovon Robinson was wearing a jersey (old game jersey, as per usual) with a completely different #2 than what Auburn football has ever worn at this year's A-Day game.

635649672898748257-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-AUB

For comparison, this is what Auburn wears otherwise

23234478_BG1.jpg

This is truly stumping me. A friend said it might've just been a misprint jersey the equipment managers just never got rid of. Which makes sense. That's the best I can come up with as well.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2 on the chest is also the same style. Here's a look at the two fonts. Left is what is being worn above by #29, right is the traditional 2 worn by Auburn

numbers_zpsq80rumgw.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Just came across this - Auburn RB Jovon Robinson was wearing a jersey (old game jersey, as per usual) with a completely different #2 than what Auburn football has ever worn at this year's A-Day game.

635649672898748257-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-AUB

For comparison, this is what Auburn wears otherwise

23234478_BG1.jpg

This is truly stumping me. A friend said it might've just been a misprint jersey the equipment managers just never got rid of. Which makes sense. That's the best I can come up with as well.

The 2 in that first photo looks like it was cropped/angled, kind of like the Minnesota font. I'm guessing that's just the jersey rippling, though.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The 2 on the chest is also the same style. Here's a look at the two fonts. Left is what is being worn above by #29, right is the traditional 2 worn by Auburn

numbers_zpsq80rumgw.jpg

Last minute run to the screen shop? If he played last year I'd assume he should still have his jersey from last year unless it "walked off" into someone else's collection.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

numbers_zpsq80rumgw.jpg

Last minute run to the screen shop? If he played last year I'd assume he should still have his jersey from last year unless it "walked off" into someone else's collection.

Nope, he's new to the team this year.

Turf also felt a lot better on my bad knee and ankle. All the little divets in the grass field made playing hurt like hell

I was in marching band for several years and turf is definitely better. Unless you've been part of a state or regional matching tournament, you have no idea what 200-person bands will do to a field, especially when they march all day long, back-to-back-to-back for the tourney.

I've been on fields that looked like a mud pit from the leather helmet days. No hash marks, no yard markers; even the boundaries of the field were worn off by the end. Most stadiums (grass) that held marching contests would purposely hold them as late as possible so crews could immediately begin plans for re-seeding for spring. Most schools just opted for turf.

Turf is SO MUCH better than grass. My high school had grass and we would have divots in the field and we,in the band, would have to avoid them. I actually got injured during practice one day. The field was muddy and we even moved down to a less wet part. Now,I march in my college band and we have turf. The only bad part is trying to get the turf out of your shoe.

Well kept grass is the best surface but it is hard to keep it nice in the north but turf still has less give than well kept grass.

Maybe #29 was a senior and got his jersey as a senior gift, and the replacement blank was done at a local print shop.. We have several of our old jerseys (the ones I played in) that we ordered as blanks to replace ripped/torn or senior jerseys, and the # font was larger and block-ier on the replacements.. The uniforms get updated/replaced every 3-4 years, so it was never a huge problem, but to the jersey nerds like myself, it was like a sore thumb..

Another possible explanation - practice jerseys look very similar to game jerseys but were printed separately?

Or UA had them in a new jersey template, or they were just wearing next year's jerseys altogether (the SEC patch is different, so that would suggest these aren't this past year's jerseys - it would be a huge pain to replace all the patches just for a spring game)..

I read an article recently saying theres some evidence that the rubber pellets in the turf can lead to cancer with repeated exposure (i.e. scraping your leg on the turf and getting in contact with the pellets).

IF that's true, is there really anything out there that doesn't cause some form of cancer these days? It's ground up tires for the most part.

And for those that say turf is "harder" than grass...come on man. Grass and dirt freeze, turf doesn't. I played on it in Minnesota and we prayed for games on turf instead of grass.

There's been some articles on some soccer goalkeepers up in the Seattle area being treated for cancer. All played on pellet turf.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/how-safe-artificial-turf-your-child-plays-n220166

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Soccer-coach-Could-field-turf-be-causing-cancer-259895701.html

An excerpt:

"Since then, Griffin has compiled a list of 38 American soccer players -- 34 of them goalies - who have been diagnosed with cancer. At least a dozen played in Washington, but the geographic spread is nationwide. Blood cancers like lymphoma and leukemia dominate the list."

mmm coaches opinion on unis usually are a shade better than players. Hope its Marino era colors with Pitt script.

Pat Narduzzi just said Pitt will have new uniforms in 2016

They're "unbelievable" according to Narduzzi.

Apparently, people who have seen photos of the new uniforms are all very excited and they think Pitt fans will really like them.

It sounds like it is going to be a general update: mostly the same colors, but a newer look to the uniforms. Obviously the script logo is here to stay, but I'd expect the new unis to be an update more than a complete overhaul. They will be different, I think it will generally be the same colors (maybe sleeve stripes?).

However, I have also heard there will be an alternate - that will be a throwback. I don't know if that means similar to what they wore against Youngstown State in 2005 or not, but it sounds like Pitt's going to have the mustard available for use.

The new Pitt AD comes from Utah State and their new head coach comes from Michigan State, so perhaps a little blending from there. Probably will remain quite traditional looking (which is a positive IMHO).

Archived