Ask A Moderator

Hey guys.

How do you link to a specific post in a thread? I have a thread in the concepts forum right now, and I want to link to each team I post in the first post of the thread to make navigation easier.

I've noticed it's been done several times in this thread.

Thanks!

The post number in the top right corner if you notice is a link. Copy that link and insert it in the URL spot.

Thank you very much sir!

How do you link to an image using a thumbnail like p.stic does?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

How do you link to an image using a thumbnail like p.stic does?

Make the url go to the larger picture and then the smaller picture would be inside the text. For example...

[url="http://photo.jpeg"][img=http://photothumbnail.jpeg][/url]

You put the thumbnail as the "text" prompt inside img tags.

6fQjS3M.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have a stupid question: How and where can I change the words under my avatar. I've looked for awile and can't find it.

Sorry, I found the answer I was looking for.

Edited by bigbean24

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

SO once I post responses among topics, I can begin to start posting? I am a new member and very confused.

Once you reply to other posts, you can create your own. I think at 3 posts you should be able to start your own at this point.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

nvm

Edited by CRichardson

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why cant i make an avatar and signature? Im following the rules to upload them, and it always says "cant link to that kind of image." ITS A JPG for godsakes! Whats going on?

The URL is probably too long or has symbols that can't be used for some reason. Try uploading the image in your Photobucket or flickr account, or on ImageShack.

Did that work? Looks like it.

Edited by AnythingChicago

25yzwqg.png

I suspect it would be more trouble than it's worth, but would it be possible for me to be blocked from accessing the politics thread? I think it would be best for everyone, myself included.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sounds like a will power issue.

If YOU can't control entering threads and posting comments, OUR only option is to ban you outright, not just put a lock on the cabinet with all the poison inside.

You are not the first person who has requested this, and when those members could not control their actions, most of those accounts were banned.

You have repeatedly announced that you will only leave or stop commenting if forced out. At times, you have shown that you can reasonably offer different viewpoints and debates. Unfortunately, those cases are few and far between. While I do recognize that you have been baited into many an attack, you are ultimately responsible for your own behavior, and the history has shown that you don't have a good record at it.

I've talked with others and they say off the boards, you are much different, you're non-confrontational and not argumentative. Why haven't you been able to show that side around here more often?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Fine, I'll just have to do what I've been talking about all day and work through my control issues. Thank you for the response. It's much appreciated.

I really don't understand why I become such a douche when on here. This isn't the only board I have such a problem on and as you've noted, it's not reflective of how I act elsewhere. Self-control is a tough thing to master sometimes and just as I did offline I can do it here.

It really is amazing to see how many people have been on here and said the exact same thing Kevin says. Dozens and dozens of members with the exact same issues and excuses and apologies.

It's almost like a sociology experiment in here...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Got a question about copying something I already posted. I posted some thumbnail images which have external links when clicked. I know some forums allow you to go in and edit your post and when you do that you can also copy the embedded code for the thumbnails too. I can't figure out how to do it on this site. It might not allow that to be done on this site, but thought I ask in case I just missing it somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.