NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also a rule that the primary team logo must include both city name and team nickname, hence the wedging in on Brooklyn, etc. #NBA

I've mentioned this before, but why is Indiana the only exception to this rule? Their logo has a "Pacers" script awkwardly forced in, but no "Indiana".

From Uni watch

"Ill be breaking some major NBA news later this week, possibly as soon as tomorrow stay tuned."

I wonder what this means! !??

http://www.uni-watch.com/2015/05/12/orioles-wear-city-name-at-home/

Probably not the Jazz going back to purple then, is it?

Now that I think of it...

Nike?

Sleeved uniforms abolished forever or the required sleeves "pride uni" rule loosened if not abolished?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

There is also a rule that the primary team logo must include both city name and team nickname, hence the wedging in on Brooklyn, etc. #NBA

I've mentioned this before, but why is Indiana the only exception to this rule? Their logo has a "Pacers" script awkwardly forced in, but no "Indiana".

I think it's just because they were grandfathered into it. Up until the Wizards switched, they didn't have the city name either, because they just color-swapped the logo that was there since the late 90's.

For those of you who are not on Twitter, Chris tweeted out the following regarding the NBA's rules on logos:

Many have asked -- It was confirmed to me earlier that the #NBA indeed has a rule stating at least one team logo must include a basketball
Continuing with #NBA logo rules, been told that there was another rule that new primary logo cannot be exactly the same as vintage team logo

So by my count, the Bulls, Rockets, Blazers, and Spurs need to add basketball logos. Bulls could just make their center court mark an official logo. Honestly, I don't see the Spurs adding a logo with a basketball in it just to adhere to some new rule. Their identity is pretty tight and fluid.

Also, as others have pointed out, Pacers need to add "Indiana" to the primary or use their roundel.

Random question but LeBrons high school team was sponsored by adidas, the jersey has the adidas logo on it but what is the tag logo?0e6f69d0-607c-de11-8e13-001cc494dda6_ori

http://goldinauctions.com/ItemImages/000005/5673b_lg.jpeg

OnSports?

That appears to be it...so was it not an adidas jersey?

The Adidas logo didn't show up on the jersey or shorts until LeBron's senior year, either. In fact, LeBron wore Jordan and Nike shoes until that year, then he wore Adidas shoes full-time.

When I was in high school (in Ohio), my school had a deal with Nike for discounted jerseys and shoes. STVM probably had the same deal with Adidas, and the company decided that LeBron's chest was prime real estate as they attempted to sign him to a deal upon graduation. Not sure why they wouldn't get new jerseys, though.

The Hawks, for those afraid of clicking links. Looks like a new logo at the waistline. And this appears to confirm the red/black/volt color scheme

hawks2.png

All the other NBA teams use their regular jersey design for the christmas jerseys. So we might just see the design of the new Hawks unis here!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The Hawks, for those afraid of clicking links. Looks like a new logo at the waistline. And this appears to confirm the red/black/volt color scheme

hawks2.png

All the other NBA teams use their regular jersey design for the christmas jerseys. So we might just see the design of the new Hawks unis here!

Most likely, yeah. Looks like they're going to be a little bit over the top, but I gotta be honest, I like what I see so far. A little originality in the NBA certainly couldn't hurt anything. I highly doubt they'll be any worse than their current set.

90758391980.gif

Some of these look sooooo good. I'm stunned. I'm speechless. I'm without speech. Tip of the hat to Adidas and/or the NBA, whoever designed these.

I just really hope we see a green team play a red team, and they let them go color on color (maybe Celtics vs Bulls).

Yay, the Clippers uniforms don't seem to be changing much!

But, ohnoHawkswhatareyoudoing. The logos are pretty good, but that color scheme and the pattern all over the jersey is a little garish, granted it is with cream.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived