8 minutes ago, Pabig said:

So wait a minute? LeBron actually mandated these uniforms to be worn? Shows again how much of an arrogant person he is. If he was a team player he wouldn't force his team to wear the uniform he wants.

The captain of a team often gets to pick the uniform that their team wears, and in some cases they even pick the colors of the socks, sleeves, etc. that the team wears for a given game. How is it any different? It's clear that LeBron is the undisputed leader of the team so I see no reason why he can't choose the uniform that his team wears. It's funny how it's not arrogance when leaders of other teams pick their team's uniforms but when LeBron does it it's all about "how much of an arrogant person he is". 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Pabig said:

So wait a minute? LeBron actually mandated these uniforms to be worn? Shows again how much of an arrogant person he is. If he was a team player he wouldn't force his team to wear the uniform he wants.

Really?

Look, those uniforms suck. Hard. It's clear though that the team needed to change how it was doing things after the first four games, so they switched it up. They won, and decided to continue with what worked. 

The Cavs aren't the first team to switch uniforms in an attempt to get out of a mental rut, and they won't be the last. It's pretty standard fare in the world of sports.

42 minutes ago, Pabig said:

A "team player" can also make decisions for the team.  Especially if he's the undisputed leader of said team.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The captain of a team often gets to pick the uniform that their team wears, and in some cases they even pick the colors of the socks, sleeves, etc. that the team wears for a given game. How is it any different? It's clear that LeBron is the undisputed leader of the team so I see no reason why he can't choose the uniform that his team wears. It's funny how it's not arrogance when leaders of other teams pick their team's uniforms but when LeBron does it it's all about "how much of an arrogant person he is". 

If the great Kobe Bryant did it, it would show leadership and decisiveness.  When it's LeBron it's arrogance.  Everybody knows that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If Michael Jordan picked the jerseys, who's going to question that?  "Umm...Mike...sorry to interrupt...but you should get off your high horse and let Will Perdue choose the jerseys" said no one ever...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

50 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Really?

Look, those uniforms suck. Hard. It's clear though that the team needed to change how it was doing things after the first four games, so they switched it up. They won, and decided to continue with what worked. 

The Cavs aren't the first team to switch uniforms in an attempt to get out of a mental rut, and they won't be the last. It's pretty standard fare in the world of sports.

To continue this point, it's something LeBron picked up in Miami, where the Heat switch between their black road and red alternate uniforms after losses.

3 hours ago, Pabig said:

Guys... 99% he's being sarcastic.

Knowing that a uniform change could get you out of a funk or slump and knowing that Cleveland will wear black again in game seven, the Warriors should've countered by wearing sleeve jersey themselves in game seven.  Then again, Draymond Green was on the cover of SI, so it was already written in stone... #sportssuperstitions
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/05/16/draymond-green-warriors-michigan-state-stephen-curry-steve-kerr-nba-playoffs

10 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

If the great Kobe Bryant did it, it would show leadership and decisiveness.  When it's LeBron it's arrogance.  Everybody knows that.

Yeah, but the great Kobe Bryant would always select the regular Laker uniforms

Just got a look at the new Kings set, and honestly...if a basketball team is going to have an alternate uniform that's the same color as its road uni, there should be at least a different striping pattern.  I kinda like the whites, and I dig the black set.  The two nearly-identical purple jerseys, though....<_< they look like the home and away version of a baseball alternate top.  Underwhelming, given basketball's not exactly baseball and all.

Now the Jazz....THAT's an overhaul worth writing home about.  The only bad thing I can say about it is they should've lightened their shade of green to their old kelly shade, because forest green and navy tend to get somewhat muddled when used together.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

5 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Amazing how the first sleeved jersey already happened over three years ago.

golden-state-warriors-021213.jpg

I wish they went full-pinstripe and sleeveless. Could've been a sick alternate if so, but the shorts side panels on the normal jerseys are much better than these imo.

GO NETS.

5 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Just got a look at the new Kings set, and honestly...if a basketball team is going to have an alternate uniform that's the same color as its road uni, there should be at least a different striping pattern.  I kinda like the whites, and I dig the black set.  The two nearly-identical purple jerseys, though....<_< they look like the home and away version of a baseball alternate top.  Underwhelming, given basketball's not exactly baseball and all.

Now the Jazz....THAT's an overhaul worth writing home about.  The only bad thing I can say about it is they should've lightened their shade of green to their old kelly shade, because forest green and navy tend to get somewhat muddled when used together.

It's because they are a "stretch" alternate. Meaning the color and shorts are the same pattern and design. Most teams use their "stretch" alternates as their "Latin Nights" jersey -- 'Los Lakers," "El Heat," etc., etc., etc.

7 hours ago, Josh.0 said:

It's because they are a "stretch" alternate. Meaning the color and shorts are the same pattern and design. Most teams use their "stretch" alternates as their "Latin Nights" jersey -- 'Los Lakers," "El Heat," etc., etc., etc.

Ah, I see, my mistake. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 hours ago, joshey said:

I wish they went full-pinstripe and sleeveless. Could've been a sick alternate if so, but the shorts side panels on the normal jerseys are much better than these imo.

the wordmark and logo on the sleeve alt should've been used as their home and away uni. 

Just to be clear: The switch to the black jerseys for the final two road games was the idea of the team's director of game operations. LeBron just OK'd when he was presented with the suggestion. The rest of the players liked them already during the year (the team was 5-1 wearing them during the regular season), and once LeBron's sleeves were altered, he was fine with them too. So, yeah, he had input on it, but notions of him arrogantly making demands about uniforms on a whim during the Finals aren't exactly based in reality.

More details here: http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-cavaliers/post/_/id/3014/cavaliers-game-5-wardrobe-shift-no-accident

Personally, as a fan of the team, I hoped like hell the Cavs would never get a sleeved jersey, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened once LeBron came back because these are the things that are done with marquee franchises. And I really don't like the idea of a black uniform when black isn't a team color. But hey, if that's the uniform the Cavs wore when they ended our city's sports championship drought, I suppose I can live with it. :)

Archived