Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

So they will have gold jerseys!

Well, uh, they're the Golden Knights, after all.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

I sure hope the Knights (I refuse to use the adjective) utilize the gold in their scheme to make a jersey. The slate grey is such a bland color for a jersey, and if they were to use black it would be overcrowding the market (LA, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Boston, Tampa). The only current gold uni is Nashville as we all know, and it's yellow/athletic gold instead of vegas. I would welcome a gold jersey with open arms.

NSFCvyu.png

If they wear those on ice, they'll instantly become my favorite team and I'll take back every bad word I've ever said about this bumbling joke of a franchise.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 11 months later...

As this thread is in the Sports Logos forum, let's keep discussion within the thread focused upon the Las Vegas Knights' branding - logos, uniforms, etc. If you feel the need to either crow or kvetch about the team's on-ice success in its inaugural season and first trip to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, please engage in such banter - respectfully - in one of the appropriate threads in the Sports In General forum.

NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

Rite of Spring 2018 - "What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs"

Thank you. 

15 hours ago, _RH_ said:

This has probably been covered, but I'm still unclear why some of the logos seem to have a blue/green hue

cut.jpg

hvegfan17a_f.jpg

Nothing more than a bad RGB translation of the Pantone colors.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

9 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

As this thread is in the Sports Logos forum, let's keep discussion within the thread focused upon the Las Vegas Knights' branding - logos, uniforms, etc. If you feel the need to either crow or kvetch about the team's on-ice success in its inaugural season and first trip to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, please engage in such banter - respectfully - in one of the appropriate threads in the Sports In General forum.

NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

Rite of Spring 2018 - "What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs"

Thank you. 

Will do...but where did the replies go? Respectful or not, I didn’t get a chance to see them.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I purchased a home Adidas about a month ago from a sale at coolhockey.com. I am really starting to like the road. If they win on the road I'm going to buy a road with the Cup patch then put the inaugural patch on the home. 

I wonder how terrible they would be if the main color of the home was the metallic gold and the grey was just accent coloring. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

23 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Pretty sure you wrote the replies in question.

I had three notices stating there were replies to my posts.

Forget it. They’re gone now and I’ll just accept that.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I wish their grey were actually the blue-green-grey color instead of slate.

Actually, I checked out ColorWerx, which states the Knights' shade of grey has an RGB value of 51-63-72, so it does have more blue and green than red. I just wish their sweaters looked it. Vegas has fantastic white sweaters, but the home greys are just too dull for my tastes.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:39 PM, andrewharrington said:

Nothing more than a bad RGB translation of the Pantone colors.

And I just noticed that the sweaters have rivets on the helmet and flourishes on the shield, which the RGB logo do not have.

There's an ESPN article about the Knights getting close to resolving their trademark disputes. They're working on an amicable deal with the Army parachute team. The College of Saint Rose never actually filed a formal complaint. But there was also this little nugget buried in the story: "Foley, who spent some of his career as a corporate lawyer, is a big booster to the program [West Point], making it less likely that a legal battle would ensue. Foley and his wife, Carol, have their name on the athletic center after the two made a $15 million donation. It opened in 2007."

Soooo... yeah. I guess West Point has already cast their lot with Foley. 

16 hours ago, ShinyHubCaps said:

And I just noticed that the sweaters have rivets on the helmet and flourishes on the shield, which the RGB logo do not have.

Correct. Those embroidered details are gold on gold and black on black, so they don’t appear on flat media.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived