2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, WM1988 said:

Yes, they wore the powder blues during a playoff game (can't remember if it was a Wild Card or Divisional round game). In the Super Bowl though, I think you have to wear your regular uniforms.

Powder blue in a 2009 playoff game I believe.

In fact...  http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs2008/series?series=indsdg2008

The only time an alternate aside from the 49ers in the 1994 playoffs, worn in the playoffs. 

On 1/24/2017 at 8:48 AM, Lights Out said:

I definitely miss their old black pants. They needed to wear their red socks in order to avoid the dreaded "yoga pants" look, but the black pants matched the helmet and provided more color balance.

This looks so much better than the white pants, IMO:

ivvtCAg.jpg

1LRln37.jpg

That red over black was so slick. Was part of what made me a Vick fan when i was a youngin.

12 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

the only problem I had with that combo is the piping of the jersey and pants didn't match. A black pipe on the jersey to the red pipe on the black pants. 

True. Also probably because that combo was never intended to be used but as they were mixing and matching decided why not

Go A's!

On 1/24/2017 at 8:48 AM, Lights Out said:

I definitely miss their old black pants. They needed to wear their red socks in order to avoid the dreaded "yoga pants" look, but the black pants matched the helmet and provided more color balance.

This looks so much better than the white pants, IMO:

ivvtCAg.jpg

A better uniform design and red socks would make that a real winner of a look. Kind of like the Texans' look against the Jags this past season.

PFeYOeu.jpg

On 1/25/2017 at 0:07 PM, aawagner011 said:

They've done it before.

2864945_display_image.jpg?1338926611

OO-WEE, talk about a rare matchup right here. Vick-era all-black Falcons with the striped socks vs. the Jags during the very short stint when they had teal cat-font numbers on the road AND stripes on their black pants. (Not to mention the fact that they're in opposite conferences and only get to play each other so often)

Archived