Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

22 hours ago, MkDon said:

QcXkjI5.jpg

Looks like the Grizzlies lost the yellow college lanes.

r0rny65hkt8thb8l9p4c9heeh.gif

A contact of mine says "I wondered why they sent the floor off..." Between the new scoreboard, ribbons, and other upgrades, FedExForum should look pretty fresh this fall.

I really, really like the new logo for the Sixers' annual Beach Bash. A dribbling revolutionary war era soldier secondary logo in their future?

20800319_358458557920951_333989392699467

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Losing the college lanes= big downgrade no matter which team does it

I don't agree with that. 

I say it kind of dulls out their court because they have no contrasting colors to pop, but without collage lines it can be done right. 

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

I really, really like the new logo for the Sixers' annual Beach Bash. A dribbling revolutionary war era soldier secondary logo in their future?

20800319_358458557920951_333989392699467

The only way this could be more Philly is if it were sponsored by Wawa instead

On 8/14/2017 at 10:27 PM, Delux247 said:

Quick recap

Official unveilings remaining: 6 (Hawks, Warriors, Lakers [partial] Heat, Pelicans [partial], Raptors)

Waist band logos: 26 with, 2 without (Timberwolves & Spurs), and 2 unknown (Heat & Pelicans)

Sponsor patches: 13 (Celtics, Nets, Hornets, Cavs, Nuggets, Pistons, Bucks, Timberwolves, Magic, Sixers, Kings, Raptors, & Jazz)

I don't think the Magic have unveiled yet.

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

It's like they want the courts to have no personality 

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Totally disagree. They don’t apply to and are completely unnecessary on a professional floor. College markings don’t belong there.

The floor looks cleaner without them as well, so it’s a win-win.

The Bucks released a few more photos of their 2 sets and I just realized that like Washington, our negative space "M" on the shorts is now slightly butchered because of the new template.

I honestly couldn't care less if the college lanes serve no functional purpose for a team like the Grizzlies. The yellow trim was a nice complement to the dark blue. 

If the Grizzlies' goal is to become the most forgettable team in the league, they are definitely succeeding. They've managed to take an already dull look and remove any small pieces of personality that it had. 

This was my take on the Grizzlies court without the college lanes, but i guess a little creativity is not allowed in the NBA nowadays.

ue50n4G.png

15 hours ago, MkDon said:

This was my take on the Grizzlies court without the college lanes, but i guess a little creativity is not allowed in the NBA nowadays.

ue50n4G.png

Now that's nice. It's not like it's impossible to make use without college lanes lol

No ones talking about that, but 2k18 trailer gave us the first look (not fully) on referee jersey:

zU2WoD7.jpg

Looks similair to old Champion referee jersey used in FIBA competitions

"Once a Knick, always a Knick" except if your Charles Oakley, according to James Dolan

14 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

"Once a Knick, always a Knick" except if your Charles Oakley, according to James Dolan

Gotta love them calling it "iconic" when they've been using the phrase for 4 years on mostly lottery teams.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:26 PM, Bradbury said:

A contact of mine says "I wondered why they sent the floor off..." Between the new scoreboard, ribbons, and other upgrades, FedExForum should look pretty fresh this fall.

This seemingly confirms my conspiracy theory I had in my head that the Grizzlies were going to potentially be minimizing gold even more. The end of the gold triangle and removal of gold college lanes seemingly confirms it. This potentially kills my hopes for a gold jersey (other than a return of Memphis Tams throwbacks).