NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

7 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

The Wolves new unis aren't bad, but very underwhelming. I get a very Euro vibe from them, like a Spanish or Italian league team. 

The lack of green SUCKS. 

But, the thing is the lack of green is about on par with the amount of green the logo has. I have no problem with it. 

Plus, from what leaks have indicated the lack of green will be adequately remedied with at least one of their alts.  

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Delux247 said:

Quick recap

Official unveilings remaining: 6 (Hawks, Warriors, Lakers [partial] Heat, Pelicans [partial], Raptors)

Waist band logos: 26 with, 2 without (Timberwolves & Spurs), and 2 unknown (Heat & Pelicans)

Sponsor patches: 13 (Celtics, Nets, Hornets, Cavs, Nuggets, Pistons, Bucks, Timberwolves, Magic, Sixers, Kings, Raptors, & Jazz)

From the rookie shoot, Pellies do have the alternate N wheel/ball logo on the waist, and the Heat have the MH secondary logo

3 hours ago, Delux247 said:

Tops only. No shorts. That's why I listed them (and the Pelicans) as partial unveilings.

Also don't know about the color of the NOB on the gold and white jerseys, though I'm guessing they are both going to be solid purple.

1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

Maybe I'm years late to this... but are the actual yellow colors that different?

I believe it's just the lighting? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 8/11/2017 at 11:13 AM, Ark said:

The Lakers aren't wearing yellow at home and purple on the road anymore?

They're not bound to home and road anymore. Any uniform can be worn anywhere as long as it doesn't clash with the home team's choice of uniforms. Lakers will probably still continue to use Gold at home primarily and purple on the road.

Here's the trailer for 2K18, which has some more good looks at most of the teams' white and colored uniforms:

From the trailer, it looks like the Hawks finally made the much-needed change of reversing the coloring of the numbers on their white jerseys:IMG_6888.thumb.JPG.4515426b4d231df3de71ba2b1635c834.JPG

In addition, you can see how the new full v-neck collar looks on the white jerseys after we already saw them on the gray ones last week.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 8/14/2017 at 10:57 AM, Conrad. said:

Lakers have officially unveiled, @Delux247:

The interesting part of this, I guess, is that the Lakers are now in line with everyone else in designating their white jersey. Functionally it won't matter as they'll keep wearing "icon" or whatever as their home while most teams will presumably wear "association" whites. Just a note, and odd to see LAL as the only team that's unveiled two home jerseys so far rather than one of each (how old fashioned of me to categorize jerseys as such, I know).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, jmatt116 said:

Can anyone do me a HUGE favor and find gilbert arenas era wizards apparel. anything. It's like the wiped it all off the face of the earth 

Good luck.  Best thing I can suggest is MAYBE eBay but look around thrift stores.  They could have some

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Losing the college lanes= big downgrade no matter which team does it

I don't agree with that. 

I say it kind of dulls out their court because they have no contrasting colors to pop, but without collage lines it can be done right. 

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

I really, really like the new logo for the Sixers' annual Beach Bash. A dribbling revolutionary war era soldier secondary logo in their future?

20800319_358458557920951_333989392699467

The only way this could be more Philly is if it were sponsored by Wawa instead

On 8/14/2017 at 10:27 PM, Delux247 said:

Quick recap

Official unveilings remaining: 6 (Hawks, Warriors, Lakers [partial] Heat, Pelicans [partial], Raptors)

Waist band logos: 26 with, 2 without (Timberwolves & Spurs), and 2 unknown (Heat & Pelicans)

Sponsor patches: 13 (Celtics, Nets, Hornets, Cavs, Nuggets, Pistons, Bucks, Timberwolves, Magic, Sixers, Kings, Raptors, & Jazz)

I don't think the Magic have unveiled yet.

spacer.png

Archived