NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jordub said:

has this been posted? DEo-OiHUAAA9lLd.jpg

sorry if so. are the nuggets switching to these? are they just having him use a throw (faux?)-back for fun?

Not sure if accurate, but the NOB would look better IMO if lowered a bit.

Is the ALL STAR font the same as the new NBA one?  The top of the R is longer than the bottom, just like the B.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, jordub said:

has this been posted? DEo-OiHUAAA9lLd.jpg

sorry if so. are the nuggets switching to these? are they just having him use a throw (faux?)-back for fun?

Interesting. I've never seen a player pose with a throwback jersey for his introductory press conference. It's usually the current uniform.

2 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

Interesting. I've never seen a player pose with a throwback jersey for his introductory press conference. It's usually the current uniform.

Hasn't Melo worn at least some throwback jacket at his presentation for the Knicks?

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

4 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Hasn't Melo worn at least some throwback jacket at his presentation for the Knicks?

I won't deny that it happened, be it Melo or any other player. I've just never seen players holding throwbacks at introductory press conferences before.

45 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

Also note that its not an adidas rev-30 jersey, so might this be our first glimpse of nike jerseys?

No. When the Nuggets wore the throwbacks last season for Mutombo's jersey retirement, they weren't rev-30 jerseys, presumably because it was a last minute decision to wear the throwbacks and there wasn't enough time for the rev-30 jerseys to be made. The throwbacks weren't in the league's style guide for last season, which means the decision to wear the throwbacks was probably made shortly before the start of the season, meaning there wasn't nearly enough time for them to get rev-30 jerseys produced.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

54 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I won't deny that it happened, be it Melo or any other player. I've just never seen players holding throwbacks at introductory press conferences before.

Yep him and Chauncey wore throwback warm-ups at their introductory press conference with Stoudamire. I also believe it was because they were going to wear their throwbacks in their first game with the team. The press conference and the game were the same day.

Very hard as a Pistons fans to see Chauncey go to those other teams.

109383252.jpg

11 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Maybe Millsap personally requested it? It would be odd if they were like "Here buddy we just went with the rainbow jersey for ya. Hold it up and smile!"

Well it would be just as weird for Millsap to say "hey I want the white rainbow throwback for my introduction" lol

23 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Maybe Millsap personally requested it? It would be odd if they were like "Here buddy we just went with the rainbow jersey for ya. Hold it up and smile!"

Considering the coordination that has to be made before hand in gonna have to say it was the teams decision and at most said "hey is this ok?" 

4 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Well it would be just as weird for Millsap to say "hey I want the white rainbow throwback for my introduction" lol

There's nothing in this article that states it, but I wonder if the decision was made because of his connection with the city as a kid?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20012487/paul-millsap-denver-nuggets-signing-brings-back-roots

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived