NHL 2017-18

Bmac

Tonight, I hope we smash the old "most online" post by a lot. I could bet we beat it by at least 300.

5949975007b64_ScreenShot2017-06-20at8_18_00AM.png.6c61b5fec6be98e3f939f4d16fe238a6.png

Just curious now (because a quick Google search didn't pull it up), what happened on April 26, 2016 for the boards to explode like that? Looking at my profile, I just missed it by a month or two.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, to sum it up: the Predators have gone from cluttered to boring. And the Blues didn't fix the real problem with their uniform (the inconsistency between the sleeve/hem stripes and the yoke stripes) but did randomly switch to bland white numbers just to sell more jerseys.

Good to know college football isn't the only sport Adidas is hell-bent on ruining. When's their contract up again?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just now, Davey said:

Like other(s) have said, the collar is going to have a big effect on how each uniform looks. It certainly works for Columbus. 

I also think the collar upgrades the Blues jersey. Something always bugged me about the collar on there last Rbk set

3 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Tonight, I hope we smash the old "most online" post by a lot. I could bet we beat it by at least 300.

5949975007b64_ScreenShot2017-06-20at8_18_00AM.png.6c61b5fec6be98e3f939f4d16fe238a6.png

Just curious now (because a quick Google search didn't pull it up), what happened on April 26, 2016 for the boards to explode like that? Looking at my profile, I just missed it by a month or two.

The Panthers new logo was leaked. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

2 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

looks like Sacramento Kings logos were unveiled that day but im not buying.... mabye it was the boards update?

6 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Seeing minor changes to the Blues makes me think there might be a chance (albeit slight) that the Lightning add some more black to the stripes...

maybe some silver instead of white too?

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

2 minutes ago, bowld said:

I also think the collar upgrades the Blues jersey. Something always bugged me about the collar on there last Rbk set

I'm going to miss the Reebok's collar style... I love how the NHL shield have a little "pocket" and it fit well with the look of the jersey... 

I dislike the new adidas one now... it reminded me of NFL ones with the ugly flyware on it.

IMG_6884.JPG

It's not the end of the world with Nashville and St. Louis.  St. Louis is making a mistake going with white numbers, but that's something that could easily be changed back next year or even before this up coming season if enough fans complain, similar to how it was with the Lightnings' uniform not having any black on it and the team added a little to the trim and putting the lightning bolt back onto the pants.

With Nashville, I'm thinking they probably could have kept the striping pattern the same minus the pin stripes down the sides, but this was probably done to give fans more reason to change.  It's similar to the old jersey, but still different enough that fans will pay up for the new one.  I wonder how the white version will be, whether or not the sleeve design will match how the socks on the old jersey looked?  And, it's probably just the lighting, but does the blue look darker when compared to the old jersey?

Whenever I think of the busiest days I think of the Edge updates from a decade ago, the AZ Cardinals, and a few others.  But I forget how many more members we now have.  This thing could shut down tonight.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 minute ago, brycew8 said:

I have a sinking feeling that there won't be any lace-up collars. I thought they looked great on the Habs jerseys and was probably the only redeeming feature on the Flames.

I liked them up until the point nearly every team had added them to jump on the vintage bandwagon. Might be good to just have a reset across the board

41 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Today will be a great day here, but it's be nice to see some form of a stream. Why charge fans? 

Essentially the same reason the NHL put a team in a primarily-transient market like Las Vegas while spurning a sure-fire rabid hockey market like Quebec City.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived